Posted on 2018-01-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joao C. Duarte and Wouter P. Schellart | Publisher: American Geophysical Union | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 352 | ISBN: 1119053978 | ISBN13: 9781119053972 |
Description: The beginning of the new millennium has been particularly devastating in terms of natural disasters associated with tectonic plate boundaries, such as earthquakes in Sumatra, Chile, Japan, Tahiti, and Nepal the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean tsunamis and volcanoes in Indonesia, Chile, Iceland that have produced large quantities of ash causing major disruption to aviation. In total, half a million people were killed by such natural disasters. These recurring events have increased our awareness of the destructive power of natural hazards and the major risks associated with them. While we have come a long way in the search for understanding such natural phenomena, and although our knowledge of Earth dynamics and plate tectonics has improved enormously, there are still fundamental uncertainties in our understanding of natural hazards. Increased understanding is crucial to improve our capacity for hazard prediction and mitigation. Volume highlights include: Main concepts associated with tectonic plate boundaries Novel studies on boundary-related natural hazards Fundamental concepts that improve hazard prediction and mitigation Plate Boundaries and Natural Hazards will be a valuable resource for scientists and students in the fields of geophysics, geochemistry, plate tectonics, natural hazards, and climate science.
Plate Boundaries and Natural Hazards (Geophysical Monograph Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35405
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Auroral Dynamics and Space Weather (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Natural Hazard Uncertainty Assessment: Modeling and Decision Support (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Extreme Events and Natural Hazards: The Complexity Perspective
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Sea Ice: Physics and Remote Sensing (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Magnetotails in the Solar System (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2013-08-02Dynamics of the Earth's Radiation Belts and Inner Magnetosphere (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Terrestrial Water Cycle and Climate Change: Natural and Human-Induced Impacts (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Understanding Boundaries and Containment in Clinical Practice (Society of Analytic Psychology Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Integrated Imaging of the Earth: Theory and Applications (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Extreme Events: Observations, Modeling, and Economics (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ionospheric Space Weather: Longitude Dependence and Lower Atmosphere Forcing (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Deep Earth: Physics and Chemistry of the Lower Mantle and Core (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Abrupt Climate Change: Mechanisms, Patterns, and Impacts (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Galapagos: A Natural Laboratory for the Earth Sciences (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Earthquakes: Plate Tectonics and Earthquake Hazards (Hazardous Earth)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Risk Analysis of Natural Hazards: Interdisciplinary Challenges and Integrated Solutions (Risk, Governance and Society) - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Early Earth: Accretion and Differentiation (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2011-11-21Amazonia and Global Change (Geophysical Monograph)
- 2019-01-31Bioclimatology and Natural Hazards - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.