Posted on 2017-12-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alison Wall | Publisher: Hodder Education Publishers | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 0340761229 | ISBN13: 9780340761229 |
Description: Drawing on new research from local archives as well as reinterpretations of published literature, Power and the People describes how England remained governable between 1525 and 1640, despite the wars, famine, epidemics, and dynastic and religious crises of the period. The book surveys the mechanisms of authority at various levels, from the street and alehouse to the manor and the royal court. Maintaining order was a difficult challenge, given that England had no standing army or professional police, and Alison Wall investigates everything from the roles of village constables to the social cohesiveness that came from civic celebrations and participatory politics. Her book provides students with a rich perspective on the social world and political culture of early modern England.
Power and Protest in England 1525-1640 (Reconstructing in Early Modern History Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34860
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Power and Protest in England 1525-1640 (Reconstructing in Early Modern History Series)
- 2014-04-23Power and Protest in England 1525-1640
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Dynastic State and the Army under Louis XIV: Royal Service and Private Interest 1661-1701 (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern History)
- 2011-06-24The Dynastic State and the Army under Louis XIV: Royal Service and Private Interest 1661-1701 (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern History)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Power and Identity in the Creative Writing Classroom: The Authority Project (New Writing Viewpoints)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Power and Responsibility in Chinese Foreign Policy
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Kings and queens of England and the United Kingdom
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Power and the Ruling Classes in Northeast Brazil: Juazeiro and Petrolina in Transition (Cambridge Latin American Studies)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Power and Glory: France s Secret Wars with Britain and America, 1945-2016
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Power and Majesty (Creature Court)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Power and Love: A Theory and Practice of Social Change
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Power and the Past: Collective Memory and International Relations
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Agriculture and Politics in England, 1815-1939
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Power and Privilege in Roman Society
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Crime and Society in England, 1750-1900 (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Power and the Vote: Elections and Electricity in the Developing World
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Power and Religion in Merovingian Gaul: Columbanian Monasticism and the Frankish Elites (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Rights and Protest: IB History Course Book: Oxford IB Diploma Program
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Power and Imagination: City-States in Renaissance Italy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.