Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ferdinand Anton | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 0810980002 | ISBN13: 9780810980006 |
Description: With the wealth of illustrations, this book is a fresh experience of the arts of ancient and Pre-Columbian America and of the Indian peoples since the coming of the white man. Almost every aspect of aboriginal art in the Western Hemisphere is present: from the remote Arctic, the vast expanses of the North American continent, the fabled civilizations of Middle America, to the still baffling cultures of the Andes. Rarely has the attempt been made to join the arts of the highly developed civilizations of Central and South America with those of tribal cultures of the North, as a kind of continuum of Indian art, and never has it been accomplished so handsomely. Dr. Ferdinand Anton, noted archaeologist and photographer, discusses the extraordinary sophistication of the vanished Pre-Columbian civilizations. He tells of the men who built great cities and mighty temples, and made objects in an astonishing variety of mediums. Splendid works of stone, clay, gold, silver, jade, alabaster, obsidian are eloquent testimony to creativity and inventiveness that at least equal the more traditional styles and sources of world art. The later Indian tribal arts are discussed by Dr. Frederick J. Dockstader, director of the Museum of the American Indian, New York. He illustrates and comments upon such indigenous art as the delicate ivory carvings of the Eskimo, totemic art of the Kwakiuti, the weird wooden masks of the Iroquois, the intricate basketwork of the Hopi, the textiles and pottery of Central America, and the feather ornaments of Brazil. Wherever relevant, these are linked with their Pre-Columbian origins. Taken together, the two surveys provide an unrivaled summary of some 3,000 years of prehistoric and primitive art in the Western Hemisphere. 277 plates, 148 of which are in full color, 5 maps, and 4 chronological tables are included.
Pre-Columbian Art and Later Indian Tribal Arts.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35791
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Pre-Columbian Art
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Archaeometry of Pre-Columbian Sites and Artifacts (Symposium Proceedings)
- 2011-11-05Patchwork Seminole And Miccosukee Art And Activities
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Dark Matter: Art and Politics in the Age of Enterprise Culture (Marxism and Culture)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Computer Security: Art and Science
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Hitler's Ostkrieg and the Indian Wars: Comparing Genocide and Conquest (Campaigns and Commanders Series)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Plato on Art and Beauty (Philosophers in Depth) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Facing Forward: Art and Theory from a Future Perspective
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Birds of Madagascar and the Indian Ocean Islands (Helm Field Guides)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Vocabulary: Music, Art, and Literature Words (Vocabulary in Context)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Foresight: The Art and Science of Anticipating the Future
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Fighter Combat: Art and Science of Air-to-air Warfare
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Revolutionary Horizons: Art and Polemics in 1950s Cuba
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Mnemotechnics: The Art and Science of Memory Techniques
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Issues in Art and Design Teaching (Issues in Teaching Series)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Debates in Art and Design Education (Debates in Subject Teaching)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data (3rd Edition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.