Posted on 2017-10-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary E. Kite | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 744 | ISBN: 1138947547 | ISBN13: 9781138947542 |
Description: The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination provides a comprehensive and compelling overview of what psychological theory and research have to say about the nature, causes, and reduction of prejudice and discrimination. It balances a detailed discussion of theories and selected research with applied examples that ensure the material is relevant to students. Newly revised and updated, this edition addresses several interlocking themes, such as research methods, the development of prejudice in children, the relationship between prejudice and discrimination, and discrimination in the workplace, which are developed in greater detail than in other textbooks. The first theme introduced is the nature of prejudice and discrimination, which is followed by a discussion of research methods. Next comes the psychological underpinnings of prejudice: the nature of stereotypes, the conditions under which stereotypes influence responses to other people, contemporary theories of prejudice, and how values and belief systems are related to prejudice. Explored next are the development of prejudice in children and the social context of prejudice. The theme of discrimination is developed via discussions of the nature of discrimination, the experience of discrimination, and specific forms of discrimination, including gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, and appearance. The concluding theme is the reduction of prejudice. An ideal core text for junior and senior college students who have had a course in introductory psychology, it is written in a style that is accessible to students in other fields including education, social work, business, communication studies, ethnic studies, and other disciplines. In addition to courses on prejudice and discrimination, this book is also adapted for courses that cover topics in racism and diversity.
Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination: 3rd Edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32990
- 2014-05-01The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination, 2nd Edition
- 2014-04-04The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination, 2nd Edition (repost)
- 2011-07-21The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination (2nd Edition) (repost)
- 2011-05-17The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination (2nd Edition)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Statistics for Engineers and Scientists (3rd edition)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Digital Design: Principles and Practices 3rd Edition - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Operational Amplifiers: Theory and Design, 3rd Edition
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Elementary Functions: Algorithms and Implementation, 3rd edition - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, 3rd edition
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Electron Microscopy: Methods and Protocols, 3rd edition
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Operating Systems Design and Implementation (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] High Voltage Engineering and Testing, 3rd edition
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Advanced pH Measurement and Control, 3rd Edition
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Essentials of Logistics and Management, 3rd edition
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Affinity Chromatography: Methods and Protocols, 3rd edition
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Calculus For Biology and Medicine (3rd Edition)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Food Microbiology: Fundamentals and Frontiers (3rd edition)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Nutrition for Sport and Exercise,3rd edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.