Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Katherine G. Willoughby | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 456 | ISBN: 1118509323 | ISBN13: 9781118509326 |
Description: Public budgeting structure, process, legal framework and policy with examples from industrialized and developing countries Public Budgeting in Context examines budgeting at all levels of U.S. governmentâ€”federal, state, and localâ€”and in a sample of governments around the world. The book assesses the context of public budgeting in these governments, especially the legal foundations for its practice and how the process and final budgets are impacted by governance structures, laws, various budget actors and different branches of government. The author presents focused attention on the influences on government budgets of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government, the bureaucracy, the public and the media. In light of worldwide fiscal malaise, especially during and since the Great Recession, this book illustrates the heightened complexity of the budgeting environment that pervades all governments todayâ€”industrialized or developing, large or small. For those who like to dive into the details, the book presents numerous examples of public budgeting as practiced and points to the wealth of data available for analyses of the budgetary context and process, budget shares and results regarding virtually any government of interest. Chapters cover the constitutional and statutory provisions for budgeting in selected governments. Budget and policy agenda setting and executive leadership, legislative budget powers and the influence of the judiciary on modern government budgets are exposed. Budget execution requirements of the bureaucracy, the input of customers, clients and citizens to government budgets, and media influences on public budgets and agencies are highlighted. Budget mechanicsâ€”budget types, formats, timelines and reformsâ€”are introduced and compared. Taxes and intergovernmental revenues are considered, with predominant tax choices at every level of government in the United States and those in a select, developing country represented. The book introduces an emerging method for investigating the outcomes of government spendingâ€”human rights budget analysisâ€”and includes as an example the assessment of budget reform and results of public health spending in one selected government. Highlights of Public Budgeting in Context Offers a comprehensive text for understanding public budgeting in governments of a variety of contexts and capacities and across different levels Written by a noted expert in the field of public budgeting and financial management Contains illustrative examples from industrialized and developing countries Guides to innumerable datasets with information about governments and their budgets Includes a companion website filled with templates for budget and fiscal analysis Unravel the complex issues of modern public budgeting using this unique presentation of its practice in a variety of governments in the U.S. and a select sample from around the world.
Public Budgeting in Context: Structure, Law, Reform and Results.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35479
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Public Budgeting Systems
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Legal Lexicography: A Comparative Perspective (Law, Language, and Communication)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Coursera - The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Elasto-Plasticity of Frame Structure Elements: Modeling and Simulation of Rods and Beams - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Public Private Partnerships in Education: New Actors and Modes of Governance in a Globalizing World
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Public Education as a Business Real Costs and Accountability
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Public Administration in a Globalizing World: Theories and Practices
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Public Health Risks of Disasters Communication, Infrastructure, and Preparedness Workshop Summary
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Public Policy in Asia: Implications for Business and Government
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Public-Sector Project Management: Meeting the Challenges and Achieving Results
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Quasicrystals: An Introduction to Structure, Physical Properties and Applications - Removed
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Effects of Traffic Structure on Application and Network Performance - Removed
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector: Theory and Practice
- 2017-11-08[PDF] How Family Firms Differ: Structure, Strategy, Governance and Performance
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Public Credit Rating Agencies: Increasing Capital Investment and Lending Stability in Volatile Markets - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Psychedelic Policy Quagmire: Health, Law, Freedom, and Society (Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Public Policy in an Uncertain World: Analysis and Decisions
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Public Management in the Postmodern Era: Challenges and Prospects (New Horizons in Public Policy Series)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Human Rights Field Operation: Law, Theory and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.