Posted on 2018-01-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Amy, M.D. Tuteur | Publisher: Dey Street Books | Category: Self-development | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0062407341 | ISBN13: 9780062407344 |
Description: A Harvard-trained obstetrician-gynecologist, prominent blogger, and author of the classic How Your Baby Is Born delivers a timely, important, and sure to be headline-making expose that shines a light on the natural parenting movement and the multimillion-dollar industry behind it. The natural parenting movement praises the virtues of birth without medical interference, staunchly advocates breastfeeding for all mothers, and hails attachment parenting. Once the exclusive province of the alternative lifestyle, natural parenting has gone mainstream, becoming a lucrative big business today. But those who do not subscribe to this method are often made to feel as if they are doing their children harm. Dr. Amy Tuteur understands their apprehensions. Parenting quickly feels synonymous with guilt. And of late, there is no bigger arena for this pervasive guilt than childbirth. As a medical professional with a long career in obstetrics and gynecology and as the mother of four children, Tuteur is no stranger to the insurmountable pressures and subsequent feelings of blame and self-condemnation that mothers experience during their childrens early years. The natural parenting movement, she contends, is not helping them raise their children better. Instead, it capitalizes on their uncertainty, manipulating parents when they are most vulnerable. In Push Back, she chronicles the movements history from its roots to its modern practices, incorporating her own experiences as a mother and successful OB-GYN with original research on the latest in childbirth science. She also reveals the dangerous and overtly misogynistic motives of some of its proponentsconservative men who sought to limit womens control and autonomy. As she debunks, one by one, the guilt-inducing myths of natural birth and parenting, Dr. Tuteur empowers women to embrace the method of childbirth that is right for them, while reassuring all parents that the most important thing they can do is love and care for their children.
Push Back: Guilt in the Age of Natural Parenting.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35224
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Romantics at War: Glory and Guilt in the Age of Terrorism
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Flow TV: Television in the Age of Media Convergence
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Bullspotting: Finding Facts in the Age of Misinformation
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Coming Back to Life: The Updated Guide to the Work that Reconnects
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Talking Back to Psychiatry: The Psychiatric Consumer/Survivor/Ex-Patient Movement (New Approaches in Sociology)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] A Calculus of Angels (The Age of Unreason, Book 2)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ballet and Opera in the Age of Giselle
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Alternative Chinese Opera in the Age of Globalization: Performing Zero (Studies in International Performance)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Intimacy and Sexuality in the Age of Shakespeare
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Grounding Globalization: Labour in the Age of Insecurity
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Motherhood without Guilt: Being the Best Mother You Can Be and Feeling Great About It
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Logistics of Warfare in the Age of the Crusades
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler: The Age of Social Catastrophe
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Firestorm: American Film in the Age of Terrorism
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Paul V. McNutt and the Age of FDR
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Citizenship and Identity in the Age of Surveillance
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Quality Reading Instruction in the Age of Common Core Standards
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Talking and Listening in the Age of Modernity: Essays on the history of sound
- 2017-11-23[PDF] New Literary Hybrids in the Age of Multimedia Expression: Crossing borders, crossing genres (Comparative History of Literatures in European Languages)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.