[PDF] Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 1921-1939 (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories)
Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rebecca P. Scales | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1107108675 | ISBN13: 9781107108677 |
Description: In December 1921, France broadcast its first public radio program from a transmitter on the Eiffel Tower. In the decade that followed, radio evolved into a mass media capable of reaching millions. Crowds flocked to loudspeakers on city streets to listen to propaganda, children clustered around classroom radios, and families tuned in from their living rooms. Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 19211939 examines the impact of this auditory culture on French society and politics, revealing how broadcasting became a new platform for political engagement, transforming the act of listening into an important, if highly contested, practice of citizenship. Rejecting models of broadcasting as the weapon of totalitarian regimes or a tool for forging democracy from above, the book offers a more nuanced picture of the politics of radio by uncovering competing interpretations of listening and diverse uses of broadcast sound that flourished between the world wars.
Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 1921-1939 (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34760
- 2016-10-25Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 1921-1939
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Sunbelt Rising: The Politics of Space, Place, and Region (Politics and Culture in Modern America)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Making Gender: The Politics and Erotics of Culture
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Lobbying America: The Politics of Business from Nixon to NAFTA (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Engaged Scholarship: The Politics of Engagement and Disengagement
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Sex Museums: The Politics and Performance of Display.
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Engaging Bodies: The Politics and Poetics of Corporeality
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Radio Man: the remarkable rise and fall of C.O. Stanley (IEE History of Technology Series, 30)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Heart-Sick: The Politics of Risk, Inequality, and Heart Disease (Biopolitics)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Aristophanes' Thesmophoriazusae: Philosophizing Theatre and the Politics of Perception in Late Fifth-Century Athens (Cambridge Classical Studies)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Scripting Addiction: The Politics of Therapeutic Talk and American Sobriety
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Survival Media: The Politics and Poetics of Mobility and the War in Sri Lanka (Mobility & Politics) - Removed
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Criminal Resistance?: The Politics of Kidnapping Oil Workers (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Clas)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Sex Museums: The Politics and Performance of Display
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Conflicting Commitments: The Politics of Enforcing Immigrant Worker Rights in San Jose and Houston
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Undoing Monogamy: The Politics of Science and the Possibilities of Biology
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Administrating Victimization: The Politics of Anti-Social Behaviour and Hate Crime Policy (Palgrave Hate Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.