Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Naomi Schor | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 184 | ISBN: 0416015115 | ISBN13: 9780416015119 |
Description: Who cares about details? As Naomi Schor explains in her highly influential book, we do-but it has not always been so. The interest in detail in art, in literature, and as an aesthetic category is the product of the decline of classicism and the rise of realism. But the story of the detail is as political as it is aesthetic. Secularization, the disciplining of society, the rise of consumerism, the invention of the quotidian, have all brought detail to the fore. In this classic work of aesthetic and feminist theory, now available in a new paperback edition, Schor provides ways of thinking about details and ornament in literature, art, and architecture, and uncovering the unspoken but powerful ideologies that attached gender to details. Wide-ranging and richly argued, Reading in Detail presents ideas about reading (and viewing) that will enhance the study of literature and the arts.
Reading in Detail: Aesthetics and the Feminine.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33949
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Reading in Detail: Aesthetics and the Feminine
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Imagining Marketing: Art, Aesthetics and the Avant-Garde (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Suffering Witness: The Quandary of Responsibility after the Irreparable (SUNY series in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Levinas and the Cinema of Redemption: Time, Ethics, and the Feminine (Film and Culture Series)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Urban Interstices: The Aesthetics and the Politics of the In-between
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Virginia Woolf, Jean Rhys, and the Aesthetics of Trauma
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Reading Literature Historically: Drama and Poetry from Chaucer to the Reformation
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Re-riting Woman: Dianic Wicca and the Feminine Divine (Pagan Studies Series)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] We Are Iraqis: Aesthetics and Politics in a Time of War (Contemporary Issues in the Middle East)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Aesthetics and the Art of Musical Composition in the German Enlightenment: Selected Writings of Johann Georg Sulzer and Heinrich Christoph Koch
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Eighteenth-Century Aesthetics and the Reconstruction of Art
- 2017-11-27[PDF] In the Realm of the Senses: Social Aesthetics and the Sensory Dynamics of Privilege
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Aesthetics and the Environment: The Appreciation of Nature, Art and Architecture
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Dying for God: Martyrdom and the Making of Christianity and Judaism (Figurae: Reading Medieval Culture)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Specters of Democracy: Blackness and the Aesthetics of Politics in the Antebellum U.S.
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Visualizing Feeling: Affect and the Feminine Avant-garde
- 2017-10-17[PDF] A Hunger for Aesthetics: Enacting the Demands of Art (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Taking Care of Youth and the Generations (Meridian: Crossing Aesthetics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.