Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jennifer Velasquez | Publisher: Amer Library Assn Editions | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 136 | ISBN: 0838913423 | ISBN13: 9780838913420 |
Description: There are plenty of resources about teen services that focus on YA readers advisory and programming ideas. But the basics of day-to-day service to teens in the library setting, a discipline requiring specific skills, is all too often glossed over in professional literature. As a result many LIS grads begin serving teens armed with an incomplete understanding of why their job is both important and unique, and what they need to know from day one. This compromises their effectiveness as both young adult librarians and advocates for teen services. In this down-to-earth book, former Library Journal Mover & Shaker Velsquez explores real-world challenges and obstacles to teen service that often present themselves, offering solutions and guidance for both new YA librarians and those wanting to freshen up their approach. Presenting fresh ways of thinking about the role of the teen services librarian and how it fits into the organizational structure, VelsquezCombines field-tested approaches with current research to tackle common teen library service issues such as truancy, curfews, programming philosophy and mission, privacy, and organizational resistance, whether subtle or overtAddresses each topic from the perspective of working with teens, family members, fellow colleagues, and community stakeholdersPresents realistic strategies to help shift a library s culture towards one that embraces teens and teen servicesShows how to get the most out of a library s teen space, discussing factors like location, age restrictions, time of day restrictions, and staffing, plus suggestions for using the shelf-space of the YA collection as a starting pointThis book goes beyond the what and how of teen services to get to the why, ensuring that both new and experienced practitioners will understand the ways teens want to use public space, discover and create information, and interact with peers and adults.
Real-World Teen Services.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35681
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Real World Web Services
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Real World XML Web Services: For VB and VB .NET Developers
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Real World XML Web Services: For VB and VB .NET Developers
- 2012-04-19Real World Mac Maintenance and Backups by Joe Kissell
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Real World Adobe Illustrator CS4
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Real World ASP.NET Best Practices - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Real-World Electronic Voting: Design, Analysis and Deployment (Series in Security, Privacy and Trust)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Real-World DevOps with Microsoft Azure
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Real World Haskell
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Real-World Decision Support Systems: Case Studies (Integrated Series in Information Systems) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Real World Adobe InDesign CS6
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Real-World Functional Programming: With Examples in F# and C#
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Real-World Crime Scene Investigation: A Step-by-Step Procedure Manual
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Real World Big Data in Azure - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Suite Applications
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Real-World Problems for Secondary School Mathematics Students: Case Studies
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Real World Instrumentation with Python: Automated Data Acquisition and Control Systems
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Real World Multicore Embedded Systems
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Real World Whitetail Behavior
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.