Posted on 2017-12-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christine Ceci and Cindy Patton | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 0816670188 | ISBN13: 9780816670185 |
Description: From physical location to payment processes to expectations of both patients and caregivers, nearly everything surrounding the contemporary medical clinic's central activity has changed since Michel Foucualt's Birth of the Clinic. Indebted to that work, but recognizing the gap between what the modern clinic hoped to be and what it has become, Rebirth of the Clinic explores medical practices that shed light on the fraught relationship between medical systems, practitioners, and patients. Combining theory, history, and ethnography, the contributors to this volume ground today's clinic in a larger scheme of power relations, identifying the cultural, political, and economic pressures that frame clinical relationships, including the instrumentalist definition of health, actuarial-based medical practices, and patient self-help movements, which simultaneously hem in and create the conditions under which agents creatively change ideas of illness and treatment. From threatened community health centers in poor African American locales to innovative nursing practices among the marginally housed citizens of Canada's poorest urban neighborhood, this volume addresses not just the who, what, where, and how of place-specific clinical practices, but also sets these local experiences against a theoretical backdrop that links them to the power of modern medicine in shaping fundamental life experiences. Contributors: Christine Ceci, U of Alberta Lisa Diedrich, Stony Brook U Suzanne Fraser, Monash U John Liesch, Simon Fraser U Jenna Loyd, CUNY Annemarie Mol, U of Amsterdam Mary Ellen Purkis, U of Victoria.
Rebirth of the Clinic: Places and Agents in Contemporary Health Care (A Quadrant Book).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34412
- 2019-01-15The Rebirth of the Clinic An Introduction to Spirituality in Health Care
- 2019-01-10The Rebirth of the Clinic An Introduction to Spirituality in Health Care
- 2018-12-20The Rebirth of the Clinic An Introduction to Spirituality in Health Care
- 2009-08-13Daniel P. Sulmasy - The Rebirth of the Clinic: An Introduction to Spirituality in Health Care
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Architecture The People, Places, and Ideas Driving Contemporary Design
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Cerambycidae of the World: Biology and Pest Management (Contemporary Topics in Entomology)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Fiery Cinema: The Emergence of an Affective Medium in China, 19151945 (A Quadrant Book)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Good Enough Endings: Breaks, Interruptions, and Terminations from Contemporary Relational Perspectives (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] How to Use Herbs, Nutrients, and Yoga in Mental Health Care
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Good Enough Endings: Breaks, Interruptions, and Terminations from Contemporary Relational Perspectives (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] An Asimov Companion: Characters, Places and Terms in the Robot/Empire/Foundation Metaseries (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Twilight Warriors: The Soldiers, Spies, and Special Agents Who Are Revolutionizing the American Way of War
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Melanoma in the Clinic - Diagnosis, Management and Complications of Malignancy
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Deleuze's Literary Clinic: Criticism and the Politics of Symptoms (Plateaus New Directions in Deleuze Studies)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Unsettling the Colonial Places and Spaces of Early Childhood Education (Changing Images of Early Childhood)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Muslim Citizens in the West: Spaces and Agents of Inclusion and Exclusion
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Texas Cemeteries: The Resting Places of Famous, Infamous, and Just Plain Interesting Texans (Clifton and Shirley Caldwell Texas Heritage Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Texas Cemeteries: The Resting Places of Famous, Infamous, and Just Plain Interesting Texans (Clifton and Shirley Caldwell Texas Heritage Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Souls of the City: Religion and the Search for Community in Postwar America (Polis Center Series on Religion and Urban Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.