Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Elizabeth Cox and Liz Herbert McAvoy | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 215 | ISBN: 1843844036 | ISBN13: 9781843844037 |
Description: The training and use of memory was crucial in medieval culture, given the limited literacy at the time, but to date, very little thought has been given to the complex and disparate ways in which the theory and practices of memoryinteracted with the inherently unstable concepts of time and gender at the time. The essays in this volume, drawing on approaches from applied poststructural and queer theory among others, reassess those ideologies, meanings and responses generated by the workings of memory within and over ""time"". Ultimately, they argue for the inherent instability of the traditional gender-time-memory matrix (within which men are configured as the recorders of ""history""and women as the repositories of a more inchoate familial and communal knowledge), showing the Middle Ages as a locus for a far more fluid conceptualization of time and memory than has previously been considered. Elizabeth Cox is Lecturer in Old English at Swansea University Roberta Magnani is Lecturer in Medieval Literature at Swansea University Liz Herbert McAvoy is Professor of Medieval Literature at Swansea University. Contributors: Anne E. Bailey, Daisy Black, Elizabeth Cox, Fiona Harris-Stoertz, Ayoush Lazikani, Liz Herbert McAvoy, Pamela E. Morgan, William Rogers, Patricia Skinner, Victoria Turner.
Reconsidering Gender, Time and Memory in Medieval Culture (Gender in the Middle Ages).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33767
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Gender and Medieval Drama (Gender in the Middle Ages)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Ideas and Forms of Tragedy from Aristotle to the Middle Ages (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Interpreting Avicenna: Science and Philosophy in Medieval Islam: Proceedings of the Second Conference of the Avicenna Study Group (Islamic Philosophy, Theology and Science. Texts and Studies)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The De Re Militari of Vegetius: The Reception, Transmission and Legacy of a Roman Text in the Middle Ages
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Quest for Aqua Vitae: The History and Chemistry of Alcohol from Antiquity to the Middle Ages
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Distinguished Figures in Descriptive Geometry and Its Applications for Mechanism Science: From the Middle Ages to the 17th Century (History of Mechanism and Machine Science) - Removed
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Daily Life through World History in Primary Documents: Volume 2, The Middle Ages and Renaissance
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Daily Life through World History in Primary Documents: Volume 2, The Middle Ages and Renaissance
- 2014-06-17The Quest for Aqua Vitae: The History and Chemistry of Alcohol from Antiquity to the Middle Ages - Removed
- 2014-01-20The De Re Militari of Vegetius: The Reception, Transmission and Legacy of a Roman Text in the Middle Ages
- 2009-07-15Queen Elizabeth And England's Golden Age (Makers of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
- 2009-07-15Thomas More: And His Struggles of Conscience (Makers of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Space,Time and Memory in the Hippocampal Formation
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Time And Memory (The Study of Time)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Time and Memory in Reggae Music: The Politics of Hope
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Mendelssohn, Time and Memory: The Romantic Conception of Cyclic Form
- 2017-11-10[PDF] A Real-Time In-Memory Discovery Service: Leveraging Hierarchical Packaging Information in a Unique Identifier Network to Retrieve Track and Trace Information (In-Memory Data Management Research)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Time and Memory (Psychoanalytic Ideas)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Women and Gender in Medieval Europe: An Encyclopedia (Routledge Encyclopedias of the Middle Ages)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.