[PDF] Relative Clauses in Time and Space: A case study in the methods of diachronic typology (Typological Studies in Language)
Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rachel Hendery | Publisher: John Benjamins Publishing Company | Category: Languages (Other) | Language: English | Page: 293 | ISBN: 9027206821 | ISBN13: 9789027206824 |
Description: This book presents a comprehensive survey of historically attested relative clause constructions from a diachronic typological perspective. Systematic integration of historical data and a typological approach demonstrates how typology and historical linguistics can each benefit from attention to the other. The diachronic behaviour of relative clauses is mapped across a broad range of genetically and geographically diverse languages. Central to the discussion is the strength of evidence for what have previously been claimed to be natural or even universal pathways of change. While many features of relative clause constructions are found to be remarkably stable over long periods of time, it is shown that language contact seems to be the crucial factor that does trigger change when it occurs. These results point to the importance of incorporating the effects of language contact into models of language change rather than viewing contact situations as exceptional. The findings of this study have implications for the definition of relative clauses, their syntactic structures and the relationships between the different subtypes of this construction, as well as offering new directions for the integration of typological and historical linguistic research.
Relative Clauses in Time and Space: A case study in the methods of diachronic typology (Typological Studies in Language).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34693
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Leibnizs Metaphysics of Time and Space (Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Systems Engineering, Systems Thinking, and Learning: A Case Study in Space Industry - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Creoles, their Substrates, and Language Typology (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Indo-Aryan Ergativity in Typological and Diachronic Perspective (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Reciprocals and Semantic Typology (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Grammatical Categories and Cognition: A Case Study of the Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis (Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Agent-Based Simulation of Vulnerability Dynamics: A Case Study of the German North Sea Coast (Springer Theses)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Can R2P practice what it promises? A Case Study on the Syrian Civil War
- 2013-07-15Grammatical Categories and Cognition: A Case Study of the Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis (repost)
- 2011-10-11Grammatical Categories and Cognition: A Case Study of the Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis (Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
- 2011-07-26Grammatical Categories and Cognition: A Case Study of the Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis (Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
- 2011-07-12Grammatical Categories and Cognition: A Case Study of the Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis
- 2011-09-14NASA's Contributions to Aeronautics (Volumes 1 And 2) free ebook download
- 2019-07-29&(Awesome) - Why You Should Read Sew Organized for the Busy Girl: Tips to Make the Most of Your Time and Space by Heidi Staples Online or Download [PDF - EPUB - MOBI]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Agility Across Time and Space: Implementing Agile Methods in Global Software Projects
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Images of the Future City: Time and Space For Sustainable Development
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Voyages Through Time and Space: The Life of a Russian Psychic
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Sex, Time, and Space in Contemporary Fiction: Exceptional Intercourse
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Time Travel and Warp Drives: A Scientific Guide to Shortcuts through Time and Space
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.