[PDF] Research in History and Philosophy of Mathematics: The Cshpm 2015 Annual Meeting in Washington, D. C. (Proceedings of the Canadian Society for History and Philosop)
Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Maria Zack | Publisher: Birkhauser | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 3319462687 | ISBN13: 9783319462684 |
Description: This volume contains seventeen papers that were presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics/La Societe Canadienne d Histoire et de Philosophie des Mathematiques, held in Washington, DC. In addition to showcasing rigorously reviewed modern scholarship on an interesting variety of general topics in the history and philosophy of mathematics, this meeting also honored the memories of Jacqueline (Jackie) Stedall and Ivor Grattan-Guinnes celebrated the Centennial of the Mathematical Association of America and considered the importance of mathematical communities in a special session. These themes and many others are explored in these collected papers, which cover subjects such asNew evidence that the Latin translation of Euclid s Elements was based on the Arabic version attributed to al-Hajjaj Work done on the "arc rampant" in the seventeenth century The history of numerical methods for finding roots of nonlinear equations An original play featuring a dialogue between George Boole and Augustus De Morgan that explores the relationship between them Key issues in the digital preservation of mathematical material for future generations A look at the first twenty-five years of "The American Mathematical Monthly" in the context of the evolving American mathematical community The growth of Math Circles and the unique ways they are being implemented in the United States Written by leading scholars in the field, these papers will be accessible to not only mathematicians and students of the history and philosophy of mathematics, but also anyone with a general interest in mathematics.
Research in History and Philosophy of Mathematics: The Cshpm 2015 Annual Meeting in Washington, D. C. (Proceedings of the Canadian Society for History and Philosop).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35673
- 2018-11-03Research in History and Philosophy of Mathematics The CSHPM 2015 Annual Meeting in Washington, D. C.
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 20th Conference of the Canadian Society for Computational Studies of Intelligence, Canadian AI 2007, Montreal, ... / Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Research in History and Philosophy of Mathematics - Removed
- 2018-12-05Research in History and Philosophy of Mathematics The CSHPM 2017 Annual Meeting in Toronto, Ontario
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Mental Disorders in Ancient Philosophy (Studies in the History of Philosophy of Mind)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Research Perspectives: Thought and Practice in Music Education
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Research on Teaching and Learning Probability (ICME-13 Topical Surveys)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Cultural Histories of Sociabilities, Spaces and Mobilities (Studies for the International Society for Cultural History)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Research Methods, Statistics, and Applications
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Research Methods, Design, and Analysis, Global Edition
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Research Methods: Concepts and Connections
- 2011-05-19Thor the Wind-raiser and the Eyrarland Image (Viking Society for Northern Research Text)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Psychosis and Emotion: The role of emotions in understanding psychosis, therapy and recovery (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Models of Madness: Psychological, Social and Biological Approaches to Psychosis (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Topics in Nonparametric Statistics: Proceedings of the First Conference of the International Society for Nonparametric Statistics (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Psychotherapy for People Diagnosed with Schizophrenia: Specific techniques (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Surviving, Existing, or Living: Phase-specific therapy for severe psychosis (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Schizophrenic Psychoses: Past, Present and Future (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Reshaping the University (Society for Research Into Higher Education)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.