Posted on 2017-10-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Katrina Brown | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 228 | ISBN: 0415663466 | ISBN13: 9780415663465 |
Description: Resilience is currently infusing policy debates and public discourses, widely promoted as a normative goal in fields as diverse as the economy, national security, personal development and well-being. Resilience thinking provides a framework for understanding dynamics of complex, inter-connected social, ecological and economic systems. The book critically analyzes the multiple meanings and applications of resilience ideas in contemporary society and to suggests where, how and why resilience might cause us to re-think global change and development, and how this new approach might be operationalized. The book shows how current policy discourses on resilience promote business-as-usual rather than radical responses to change. But it argues that resilience can help understand and respond to the challenges of the contemporary age. These challenges are characterized by high uncertainty globalized and interconnected systems increasing disparities and limited choices. Resilience thinking can overturn orthodox approaches to international development dominated by modernization, aid dependency and a focus on economic growth and to global environmental change â€“ characterized by technocratic approaches, market environmentalism and commoditization of ecosystem services. Resilience, Development and Global Change presents a sophisticated, theoretically informed synthesis of resilience thinking across disciplines. It applies resilience ideas specifically to international development and relates resilience to core theories in development and shows how a radical, resilience-based approach to development might transform responses to climate change, to the dilemmas of managing forests and ecosystems, and to rural and urban poverty in the developing world. The book provides fresh perspectives for scholars of international development, environmental studies and geography and add new dimensions for those studying broader fields of ecology and society.
Resilience, Development and Global Change.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32622
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Resilience, Development and Global Change
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Globalization and Development Reader: Perspectives on Development and Global Change
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Economic Development and Social Change (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Socioecological Transitions and Global Change: Trajectories of Social Metabolism and Land Use (Advances in Ecological Economics Series)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Coastal Environments and Global Change
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective (Sociology for a New Century Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Communication for Development and Social Change
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Bodies in Resistance: Gender and Sexual Politics in the Age of Neoliberalism (Gender, Development and Social Change) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Financing for Gender Equality: Realising Women's Rights through Gender Responsive Budgeting (Gender, Development and Social Change) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Financing for Gender Equality: Realising Women's Rights through Gender Responsive Budgeting (Gender, Development and Social Change)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Core Knowledge and Conceptual Change (Oxford Series in Cognitive Development)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Mind Bugs: The Origins of Procedural Misconceptions (Learning, Development, and Conceptual Change)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Amazonia and Global Change
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Migrants to the Coasts: Livelihood, Resource Management, and Global Change in the Philippines (Case Studies on Contemporary Social Issues)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] How Children Learn the Meanings of Words (Learning, Development, and Conceptual Change)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Learnability and Cognition: The Acquisition of Argument Structure (Learning, Development, and Conceptual Change)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Local Governments and Climate Change: Sustainable Energy Planning and Implementation in Small and Medium Sized Communities (Advances in Global Change Research)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Invasive Species and Global Climate Change
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Ethics of Intensification: Agricultural Development and Cultural Change (The International Library of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Ethics) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.