[PDF] Responses to Disasters and Climate Change: Understanding Vulnerability and Fostering Resilience
Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michele Companion (Editor), Miriam S. Chaiken (Editor) | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Environmental Engineering | Language: English | Page: 298 | ISBN: 1498760961 | ISBN13: 9781498760966 |
Description: As the global climate shifts, communities are faced with a myriad of mitigation and adaptation challenges. These highlight the political, cultural, economic, social, and physical vulnerability of social groups, communities, families, and individuals. They also foster resilience and creative responses. Research in hazard management, humanitarian response, food security programming, and other areas seeks to identify and understand factors that create vulnerability and strategies that enhance resilience at all levels of social organization. This book uses case studies from around the globe to demonstrate ways that communities have fostered resilience to mitigate the impacts of climate change About the Author Mich??le Companion is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs, U.S.A. She is a food and livelihood security specialist, working in countries across Africa with international NGOs. This work focuses on the expansion of market-based food security indicators to increase local sensitivity to food crisis triggers and on population displacement, migration, and resettlement. She also researches Native American nutritional dynamics, including impacts of low income diets on overall health and food security and tribal participation in the food sovereignty movement. She has recently been looking at cultural barriers to healthy eating among low-income urban Indian populations. Her recent publications include Disaster's Impact on Livelihood and Cultural Survival: Losses, Opportunities, and Mitigation. Miriam S. Chaiken currently holds the position of Dean of the William Conroy Honors College at New Mexico State University and Distinguished Professor of Anthropology. She is a cultural anthropologist with decades of experience in international economic development, having conducted field research on issues of population resettlement and migration, food security and hunger, livelihoods and agricultural production, and maternal and child health. Most of this work was done in collaboration with humanitarian NGOs such as UNICEF and Save the Children. Her earliest long-term field work was on Palawan Island in the Philippines, followed by extensive work in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Mozambique.
Responses to Disasters and Climate Change: Understanding Vulnerability and Fostering Resilience.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35479
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Handbook of Research on Climate Change Impact on Health and Environmental Sustainability
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The EPZ Ethics of Climate Change: Right and Wrong in a Warming World (Think Now)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Climate Change and Society
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Lived Experience of Climate Change: Knowledge, Science and Public Action - Removed
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Engaging the Public with Climate Change: Behaviour Change and Communication
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Climate Change and Society
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2011-08-07Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change
- 2009-09-10Adapting Cities to Climate Change: Understanding and Addressing the Development Challenges
- 2009-08-30Adapting Cities to Climate Change: Understanding and Addressing the Development Challenges
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Integrated Assessment Models of Climate Change Economics
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.