[PDF] Richard Matheson's Monsters: Gender in the Stories, Scripts, Novels, and Twilight Zone Episodes (Studies in Supernatural Literature)
Posted on 2017-10-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: June M. Pulliam | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 268 | ISBN: 144226067X | ISBN13: 9781442260672 |
Description: Richard Matheson was one of the leading writers of science fiction, fantasy, and horror in the twentieth century. Mathesonâ€™s most famous early works, the novels I Am Legend (1954) and The Shrinking Man (1956), both depict traditionally masculine figures thrust into extraordinary situations. Other thought-provoking novels, including Hell House (1971), Bid Time Return (1975), and What Dreams May Come (1978)â€”as well as short stories and screenplaysâ€”convey the ambiguous status of masculinity: how men should behave vis-a-vis women and what role they should occupy in the family dynamic and in society at large. In Richard Mathesonâ€™s Monsters: Gender in the Stories, Scripts, Novels and Twilight Zone Episodes, June M. Pulliam and Anthony J. Fonseca examine how this groundbreaking authorâ€™s writings shed light on societyâ€™s ever-shifting attitudes on masculinity and domesticity. In this first full-length critical study of Mathesonâ€™s entire literary output, the authors discuss how I Am Legend, The Shrinking Man, and other works question traditional male roles. The authors examine how Mathesonâ€™s scripts for The Twilight Zone represented changing expectations in male behavior with the onset of the sexual and feminist revolutions, industrialization and globalization, and other issues. In a society where gender roles are questioned every day, Mathesonâ€™s work is more relevant than ever. Richard Mathesonâ€™s Monsters will be of interest to scholars of literature, film, and television, as well those interested in gender and masculinity studies.
Richard Matheson's Monsters: Gender in the Stories, Scripts, Novels, and Twilight Zone Episodes (Studies in Supernatural Literature).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32561
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Richard Matheson's Monsters: Gender in the Stories, Scripts, Novels, and Twilight Zone Episodes (Studies in Supernatural Literature)
- 2011-09-26Marina Tsvetaeva: The Woman, her World, and her Poetry (Cambridge Studies in Russian Literature)
- 2011-08-15Mimesis and Empire: The New World, Islam, and European Identities (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- 2012-01-07Earthbound (Matheson) [AudioBook] - Richard Matheson
- 2012-01-01A Stir of Echoes (Audiobook) - Richard Matheson, Read By Scott Brick
- 2011-12-31Earthbound (Matheson) [AudioBook] - Richard Matheson
- 2011-12-28Earthbound (Matheson) [AudioBook] - Richard Matheson
- 2011-12-21A Stir of Echoes (Audiobook) - Richard Matheson, Read By Scott Brick
- 2011-12-08Earthbound (Matheson) [AudioBook] - Richard Matheson
- 2011-11-04Richard Matheson - Incubo a seimila metri (2008)
- 2008-01-17Richard Matheson - I Am Legend
- 2017-04-06[PDF] A Protocol for Monsters: Dave vs the Monsters
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Guide to Bearded Irises: Cultivating the Rainbow for Beginners and Enthusiasts
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Chinese Bestiary : Strange Creatures from the Guideways Through Mountains and Seas
- 2018-01-30[PDF] New Perspectives in Medical Records: Meeting the Needs of Patients and Practitioners (TELe-Health)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Civil Society Regionalization in Southern Africa: The Cases of Trade and HIV/AIDS (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Political Conflict and Exclusion in Jerusalem: The Provision of Education and Social Services (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Cyborg Selves: A Theological Anthropology of the Posthuman (Routledge Science and Religion Series)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] 100 years of European Philosophy Since the Great War: Crisis and Reconfigurations (Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.