Posted on 2017-12-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christine Lehleiter | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 342 | ISBN: 1611485657 | ISBN13: 9781611485653 |
Description: At the turn of the eighteenth century, selfhood was understood as a â€œtabula rasaâ€ to be imprinted in the course of an individualâ€™s life. By the middle of the nineteenth-century, however, the individual had become defined as determined by heredity already from birth. Examining novels by Goethe, Jean Paul, and E.T.A. Hoffmann, studies on plant hybridization, treatises on animal breeding, and anatomical collections, Romanticism, Origins, and the History of Heredity delineates how romantic authors imagined the ramifications of emerging notions of heredity for the conceptualization of selfhood. Focusing on three fields of inquiryâ€”inbreeding and incest, cross-breeding and bastardization, evolution and autopoiesisâ€”Christine Lehleiter proposes that the notion of selfhood for which Romanticism has become known was not threatened by considerations of determinism and evolution, but was in fact already a result of these very considerations. Romanticism, Origins and the History of Heredity will be of interest for literary scholars, historians of science, and all readers fascinated by the long duree of subjectivity and evolutionary thought.
Romanticism, Origins, and the History of Heredity (New Studies in the Age of Goethe).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34455
- 2017-11-08[PDF] A Business and Labour History of Britain: Case studies of Britain in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- 2017-01-12[PDF] A Business and Labour History of Britain: Case studies of Britain in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Christopher Columbus and the Age of Exploration for Kids: With 21 Activities
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Spiritual History of Ice: Romanticism, Science and the Imagination
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Intellectual Origins of the Republic: Ahmet a Ao Lu and the Genealogy of Liberalism in Turkey (Studies in the History of Political Thought)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Louis XIV and the Origins of the Dutch War (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern History)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] American Writers and the Approach of World War II, 1935-1941: A Literary History
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Literary Advertising and the Shaping of British Romanticism
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Surgeons, Smallpox, and the Poor: A History of Medicine and Social Conditions in Nova Scotia, 1749-1799
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Benjamin Constant and the Birth of French Liberalism (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Mathematical Practitioners and the Transformation of Natural Knowledge in Early Modern Europe (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Mister Pulitzer and the Spider: Modern News from Realism to the Digital (History of Communication)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Magnus Hirschfeld and the Quest for Sexual Freedom: A History of the First International Sexual Freedom Movement (Critical Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Culture)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Islamic Science and the Making of the European Renaissance (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Beyond the Stars: Our Origins and the Search for Life in The Universe
- 2018-01-23[PDF] 1914: Austria-Hungary, the Origins, and the First Year of World War I (Contemporary Austrian Studies)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Popular Politics and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Hegel, Heidegger, and the Ground of History
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Sound Change and the History of English
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.