[PDF] Russian Case Morphology and the Syntactic Categories (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs) [Russian]
Posted on 2017-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David Pesetsky | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Sociology | Language: Russian | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0262019728 | ISBN13: 9780262019729 |
Description: In this book, David Pesetsky argues that the peculiarities of Russian nominal phrases provide significant clues concerning the syntactic side of morphological case. Pesetsky argues against the traditional view that case categories such as nominative or genitive have a special status in the grammar of human languages. Supporting his argument with a detailed analysis of a complex array of morpho-syntactic phenomena in the Russian noun phrase (with brief excursions to other languages), he proposes instead that the case categories are just part-of-speech features copied as morphology from head to dependent as syntactic structure is built. Pesetsky presents a careful investigation of one of the thorniest topics in Russian grammar, the morpho-syntax of noun phrases with numerals (including those traditionally called the paucals). He argues that these bewilderingly complex facts can be explained if case categories are viewed simply as parts of speech, assigned as morphology. Pesetsky's analysis is notable for offering a new theoretical perspective on some of the most puzzling areas of Russian grammar, a highly original account of nominal case that significantly affects our understanding of an important property of language.
Russian Case Morphology and the Syntactic Categories (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs) [Russian].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34569
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Russian Case Morphology and the Syntactic Categories (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs) [Russian]
- 2016-10-22Russian Case Morphology and the Syntactic Categories
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Concepts, Syntax, and Their Interface: The Theta System (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- 2019-02-13Concepts, Syntax, and their Interface: The Theta System (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- 2010-08-04The Architecture of the Language Faculty (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- 2018-11-02Functional Structure in Morphology and the Case of Nonfinite Verbs
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Use Case and Smart Grid Architecture Model Approach: The IEC 62559-2 Use Case Template and the SGAM applied in various domains (SpringerBriefs in Energy)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Beyond Perestroika: Axiology and the New Russian Entrepreneurs (Hartman Institute Axiology Studies) [Russian]
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Ancient Hebrew Periodization and the Language of the Book of Jeremiah: The Case for a Sixth-Century Date of Composition (Studies in Semitic Languages and Linguistics)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Perpetuities Law in Action: Kentucky Case Law and the 1960 Reform Act
- 2017-12-06[PDF] American Culture, Canons, and the Case of Elizabeth Stoddard
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Self-Determination, Statehood, and the Law of Negotiation: The Case of Palestine
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Wallace Stevens Case: Law and the Practice of Poetry
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Atlas of Morphology and Functional Anatomy of the Brain
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Ukraine: Democratization, Corruption, and the New Russian Imperialism (Praeger Security International) [Russian]
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Case Studies and the Dissemination of Knowledge (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.