Posted on 2018-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Bernard Taylor | Publisher: Gower | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 230 | ISBN: 1409401278 | ISBN13: 9781409401278 |
Description: Facility safety is an important commercial risk and it has to be managed insists John Taylor in Safety Culture. Following an accident, the lack of a 'good' safety management system, compounded by a 'poor' safety culture, is a charge often laid on organisations. Accidents can take up to thirty percentage points off annual profits and, often, failure to manage safety has a much larger social cost that can involve fatalities or serious injury to members of the workforce and public. This has been starkly demonstrated in the railway industry, the international atomic energy industry, and through events in the oil exploration and refinery industry. In business terms, the ultimate cost can be receivership. Safety Culture highlights examples ranging from the loss of the Titanic, to Bhopal, and the Tokaimura criticality event. In it Dr. Taylor argues that to minimise risks, any hazardous facility requires robustly engineered safety systems, an effective management system and a developed organisational safety culture. Safety culture is a complex social/scientific concept and Dr. Taylor demystifies it with reference to theory normally associated with mainstream business development and change processes. Sections of the book deal with using safety culture theory as a predictive model, the assessment of safety culture, and how to influence culture change to produce the desired behaviours. This is a practically focused book from an author with vast experience at the top level of high hazard industries, he brings together current academic thinking on the concept of safety culture and provides authoritative practical guidance for operational executives, managers and for students in science, safety technology and engineering disciplines.
Safety Culture (Psychological and Behavioural Aspects of Risk).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35256
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Creating Healthy Workplaces: Stress Reduction, Improved Well-being, and Organizational Effectiveness (Psychological and Behavioural Aspects of Risk)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Corporate Reputation: Managing Opportunities and Threats (Psychological and Behavioural Aspects of Risk)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Crime and Corruption in Organizations (Psychological and Behavioural Aspects of Risk)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Mental Illness in the Workplace: Psychological Disability Management (Psychological and Behavioral Aspects of Risk)
- 2019-01-28Insect Cell Culture Fundamental and Applied Aspects
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Disaster Culture: Knowledge and Uncertainty in the Wake of Human and Environmental Catastrophe
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Commodifying Education: Theoretical and Methodological Aspects of Financialization of Education Policies in Brazil
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Algal Development: Molecular and Cellular Aspects (Proceedings in Life Sciences)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Taurine 2: Basic and Clinical Aspects (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Histamine Receptors: Preclinical and Clinical Aspects (The Receptors)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Advances on Methodological and Applied Aspects of Probability and Statistics
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Climate Change: Biological and Human Aspects, 1st edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Radioactive Waste: Technical and Normative Aspects of its Disposal (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Slow Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities (Aspects of Tourism)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Handbook of Dietary and Nutritional Aspects of Human Breast Milk (Human Health Handbooks)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Climate Change: Biological and Human Aspects
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Chamomile: Medicinal, Biochemical, and Agricultural Aspects (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Anxiety Disorders: Psychological and Biological Perspectives
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Methamphetamine Use: Clinical and Forensic Aspects (Pacific Institute Series on Forensic Psychology)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.