Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dana Burde | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 0231169280 | ISBN13: 9780231169288 |
Description: Foreign-backed funding for education does not always stabilize a country and enhance its statebuilding efforts. Dana Burde shows how aid to education in Afghanistan bolstered conflict both deliberately in the 1980s through violence-infused, anti-Soviet curricula and inadvertently in the 2000s through misguided stabilization programs. She also reveals how dominant humanitarian models that determine what counts as appropriate aid have limited attention and resources toward education, in some cases fueling programs that undermine their goals. For education to promote peace in Afghanistan, Burde argues we must expand equal access to quality community-based education and support programs that increase girls' and boys' attendance at school. Referring to a recent U.S. effort that has produced strong results in these areas, Burde commends the program's efficient administration and good quality, and its neutral curriculum, which can reduce conflict and build peace in lasting ways. Drawing on up-to-date research on humanitarian education work amid conflict zones around the world and incorporating insights gleaned from eight years of fieldwork in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Burde thoroughly recalculates and fundamentally improves a popular formula for peace.
Schools for Conflict or for Peace in Afghanistan.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34424
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Schools for Conflict or for Peace in Afghanistan
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Education for Peace (RLE Edu K)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Kill for Peace: American Artists Against the Vietnam War
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Knitting for Peace: Make the World a Better Place One Stitch at a Time
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Working for Peace and Justice: Memoirs of an Activist Intellectual (Legacies of War)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Schools for the Future: Design Proposals from Architectural Psychology - Removed
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Kill for Peace: American Artists Against the Vietnam War
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Small Group Research: Implications for Peace Psychology and Conflict Resolution (Peace Psychology Book Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Quest for Peace between Israel and the Palestinians (Conflict and Consciousness)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Regulating Business for Peace: The United Nations, the Private Sector, and Post-Conflict Recovery
- 2019-08-06$%(Great) - Why You Should Read Mindfulness for Teachers: Simple Skills for Peace and Productivity in the Classroom by Patricia A. Jennings Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI]
- 2019-03-26Programming for Peace Computer-Aided Methods for International Conflict Resolution and Prevention - Removed
- 2018-11-23Policing for Peace in Northern Ireland Change, Conflict and Community Confidence
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Magnetic Nanostructures in Modern Technology: Spintronics, Magnetic MEMS and Recording (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Reclaiming Israel's History: Roots, Rights, and the Struggle for Peace [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-29[PDF] In Battle for Peace (The Oxford W. E. B. Du Bois): The Story of My 83rd Birthday
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Dependable Software Systems Engineering (Nato Science for Peace and Security - D: Information and Communication Security)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Betty A. Reardon: A Pioneer in Education for Peace and Human Rights (SpringerBriefs on Pioneers in Science and Practice)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Skills for Managing Anger and Conflict
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.