Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mohammed Shokr | Category: Geology | Language: English | Page: 600 | ISBN: 1119027896 | ISBN13: 9781119027898 |
Description: Sea Ice: Physics and Remote Sensing addresses experiences acquired mainly in Canada by researchers in the fields of ice physics and growth history in relation to its polycrystalline structure as well as ice parameters retrieval from remote sensing observations. The volume describes processes operating at the macro- and microscale (e.g., brine entrapment in sea ice, crystallographic texture of ice types, brine drainage mechanisms, etc.). The information is supported by high-quality photographs of ice thin-sections prepared from cores of different ice types, all obtained by leading experts during field experiments in the 1970s through the 1990s, using photographic cameras and scanning microscopy. In addition, this volume presents techniques to retrieve a suite of sea ice parameters (e.g. ice type, concentration, extent, thickness, surface temperature, surface deformation, etc.) from space-borne and airborne sensor data. The breadth of the material on this subject is designed to appeal to researchers and users of remote sensing data who want to develop quick familiarity with the capabilities of this technology or detailed knowledge about major techniques for retrieval of key ice parameters. Volume highlights include: â€¢ Detailed crystallographic classification of natural sea ice, the key information from which information about ice growth conditions can be inferred. Many examples are presented with material to support qualitative and quantitative interpretation of the data. â€¢ Methods developed for revealing microstructural characteristics of sea ice and performing forensic investigations. â€¢ Data sets on radiative properties and satellite observations of sea ice, its snow cover, and surrounding open water. â€¢ Methods of retrieval of ice surface features and geophysical parameters from remote sensing observations with a focus on critical issues such as the suitability of different sensors for different tasks and data synergism. Sea Ice: Physics and Remote Sensing is intended for a variety of sea ice audiences interested in different aspects of ice related to physics, geophysics, remote sensing, operational monitoring, mechanics, and cryospheric sciences.
Sea Ice: Physics and Remote Sensing (Geophysical Monograph Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33987
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Atmospheric Aerosols: Life Cycles and Effects on Air Quality and Climate (Wiley Series in Atmospheric Physics and Remote Sensing)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Radiative Transfer in Coupled Environmental Systems: An Introduction to Forward and Inverse Modeling (Wiley Series in Atmospheric Physics and Remote Sensing)
- 2011-09-08Biomass and Remote Sensing of Biomass
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Urban Growth Analysis and Remote Sensing: A Case Study of Kolkata, India 1980-2010 (SpringerBriefs in Geography)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Integration of GIS and Remote Sensing
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Plate Boundaries and Natural Hazards (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Auroral Dynamics and Space Weather (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Natural Hazard Uncertainty Assessment: Modeling and Decision Support (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Low-Frequency Waves in Space Plasmas (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2013-08-02Dynamics of the Earth's Radiation Belts and Inner Magnetosphere (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Marine Surface Films: Chemical Characteristics, Influence on Air-Sea Interactions and Remote Sensing
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Sea Ice: An Introduction to its Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geology
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Radio Propagation and Remote Sensing of the Environment
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Digital Methods and Remote Sensing in Archaeology: Archaeology in the Age of Sensing (Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Ground-Based Microwave Radiometry and Remote Sensing: Methods and Applications
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Deep Earth: Physics and Chemistry of the Lower Mantle and Core (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media. Vol 2: Multiple Scattering, Turbulence, Rough Surfaces, and Remote-Sensing
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Planetary Geodesy and Remote Sensing
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Breaking Ocean Waves: Geometry, Structure and Remote Sensing (Springer Praxis Books) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.