Posted on 2018-01-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jeremy D. Holden | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 287 | ISBN: 1616146648 | ISBN13: 9781616146641 |
Description: For businesspeople who want to see their company or brand break through, this book is both essential and entertaining reading. For the rest of us, the author provides a window into our decision-making processes, and how emotion-based illogical leaps drive our support for movements, whether they are political, commercial, or related to popular culture. Why do more than 30 percent of Americans believe President Obama is a Muslim? Why do most fans who supported DoveÂ®'s "campaign for real beauty" feel comfortable ignoring the fact that the brand's parent company, Unilever, was also behind the AxeÂ® campaign, a brand that has blatantly stereotyped women? Why is Yoko Ono still held responsible for the breakup of the Beatles? These and other random, yet related, questions are explained in here. An advertising and communications expert traces the fascinating process whereby a passion for an idea, a politician, a celebrity, or a brand gives rise to a set of illogical beliefs that becomes the basis for a powerful movement. Conventional wisdom has it that spin doctors and Madison Avenue are responsible for manipulating our thoughts, causing us to endorse ideas or buy products that we would otherwise reject outright. Holden shows that while advertising and propaganda can provide a spark and social media provides the kindling, individuals create consumer, political, and cultural trends based, more often than not, on thinking that they know logically to be flawed.
Second That Emotion: How Decisions, Trends, & Movements Are Shaped.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35076
- 2014-01-22Second That Emotion How Decisions, Trends, & Movements Are Shaped
- 2014-01-10Second That Emotion: How Decisions, Trends, & Movements Are Shaped
- 2013-12-30Second That Emotion: How Decisions, Trends, & Movements Are Shaped
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Content That Converts: How To Build A Profitable and Predictable B2B Content Marketing Strategy
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Marketing That Works: How Entrepreneurial Marketing Can Add Sustainable Value to Any Sized Company (2nd Edition)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Strategy That Works: How Winning Companies Close the Strategy-to-Execution Gap
- 2017-01-07[PDF] Marketing That Works: How Entrepreneurial Marketing Can Add Sustainable Value to Any Sized Company (2nd Edition)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Leaders and Innovators: How Data-Driven Organizations Are Winning with Analytics (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Ignore the Awkward.: How the Cholesterol Myths Are Kept Alive
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Metropolitan Revolution: How Cities and Metros Are Fixing Our Broken Politics and Fragile Economy (Brookings Focus Book)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Data-Driven Healthcare: How Analytics and BI are Transforming the Industry (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Justice Cascade: How Human Rights Prosecutions Are Changing World Politics (The Norton Series in World Politics)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Perfect Bet: How Science and Math Are Taking the Luck Out of Gambling
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Justice Cascade: How Human Rights Prosecutions Are Changing World Politics (The Norton Series in World Politics)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] FORTUNE The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time: How Apple, Ford, IBM, Zappos, and others made radical choices that changed the course of business.
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE UX VR HOW TO DESIGN MOVEMENTS THAT DEFEAT VR MOTION SICKNESS-iLLiTERATE
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Life as Politics: How Ordinary People Change the Middle East, Second Edition
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Geopolitics of Emotion: How Cultures of Fear, Humiliation, and Hope are Reshaping the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.