Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Vanamali | Category: Hinduism | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1620552485 | ISBN13: 9781620552483 |
Description: The traditional understanding of Shiva told through stories and teachings from the Shiva Mahapurana â€¢ Explains Shivaâ€™s contradictory forms, such as destroyer or benefactor, and how his form depends on the needs of the devotee â€¢ Reveals how Shivaâ€™s teachings allow one to see through the illusions at the root of all grief and alienation in human life â€¢ Explores Shivaâ€™s relationships with Durga, Shakti, Sati, and Parvati and with his sons Ganesha and Kartikeya Shiva, the most ancient and complex deity of the Hindu pantheon, has been portrayed in many contrasting lights: destroyer and benefactor, ascetic and householder, wild demon slayer and calm yogi atop Mount Kailash. Drawing from the Hindu sacred text the Shiva Mahapurana said to be written by Shiva himself Vanamali selects the essential stories of Shiva, both those from his dark wild side and those from his benevolent peaceful side. Vanamali discusses Shivaâ€™s many avatars such as Shambunatha and Bhola, as well as Dakshinamurti who taught the shastras and tantras to the rishis. She explores Shivaâ€™s relationships with Durga, Shakti, Sati, and Parvati and with his sons Ganesha and Kartikeya. Examining Shivaâ€™s acceptance of outsiders, Vanamali explains why ghosts and ghouls are his attendants and why his greatest devotees are demon kings, like Ravana. She includes famous Shiva stories such as the Descent of the River Ganga and Churning the Milky Ocean as well as those that reveal the origin of the festival of lights, Diwali his creation of the cosmic couple, or hierogamos and how Shiva and Parvati taught the world the secrets of Kundalini Shakti. The author also draws upon Shaivite teachings to illustrate the differences between Western science and Vedic science and their explanations for the origins of consciousness. Integrating Shivaâ€™s two sides, the fierce and the peaceful, Vanamali reveals that Shivaâ€™s form depends on the needs of the devotee. Understanding his teachings allows one to see through the illusions at the root of all grief and alienation in human life, for Shiva is the wielder of maya who does not fall under its spell. While Ganesha is known as the remover of obstacles, Shiva is the remover of tears.
Shiva: Stories and Teachings from the Shiva Mahapurana.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33741
- 2018-01-16[PDF] 1917: Stories and Poems from the Russian Revolution (Pushkin Collection) [Russian]
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Treme: Stories and Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans
- 2019-07-31&*(Pleasing) - Why You Should Read 1917: Stories and Poems from the Russian Revolution by Boris Dralyuk Online or Download [`EPUB `MOBI `PDF]
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Stories And Recipes From The Soup Kitchen: A cookbook and storybook about life at the Gospel Mission
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Tales of Texas Cooking: Stories and Recipes from the Trans Pecos to the Piney Woods and High Plains to the Gulf Prairies (Publications of the Texas Folklore Society)
- 2018-06-03Mowgli Street Food Stories and recipes from the Mowgli Street Food restaurants
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Mathematical Problems and Puzzles: from the Polish Mathematical Olympiads
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Solar Dynamics and Magnetism from the Interior to the Atmosphere - Removed
- 2017-12-30Bhakti Yoga: Tales and Teachings from the Bhagavata Purana
- 2017-12-13[PDF] European Weapons and Armour: From the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Levant: Recipes and memories from the Middle East
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Spain: Recipes and Traditions from the Verdant Hills of the Basque Country to the Coastal Waters of Andalucia
- 2016-12-22[PDF] Levant: Recipes and memories from the Middle East
- 2013-09-27Treme: Stories and Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Japanese Tales from Times Past: Stories of Fantasy and Folklore from the Konjaku Monogatari Shu
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Fly: True Stories of Adventure and Courage from the Airmen of World War 2
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises From The Power of Now [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Before I Was CEO: Life Stories and Lessons from Leaders Before They Reached the Top
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.