Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Salome Voegelin | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 162356509X | ISBN13: 9781623565091 |
Description: Inspired by its use in literary theory, film criticism and the discourse of game design, Salome Voegelin adapts and develops â€œpossible world theoryâ€ in relation to sound. David K Lewis' Possible World is juxtaposed with Maurice Merleau-Ponty's life-world, to produce a meeting of the semantic and the phenomenological at the place of listening. The central tenet of Sonic Possible Worlds is that at present traditional musical compositions and contemporary sonic outputs are approached and investigated through separate and distinct critical languages and histories. As a consequence, no continuous and comparative study of the field is possible. In Sonic Possible Worlds, Voegelin proposes a new analytical framework that can access and investigate works across genres and times, enabling a comparative engagement where composers such as Henry Purcell and Nadia Boulanger encounter sound art works by Shilpa Gupta and Christina Kubisch and where the soundscape compositions of Chris Watson and Francisco Lopez resound in the visual worlds of Louise Bourgeois.
Sonic Possible Worlds: Hearing the Continuum of Sound.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34740
- 2017-12-13[PDF] All Possible Worlds: A History of Geographical Ideas
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Children and Their Families: The Continuum of Care - Removed
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Between Two Worlds: How the English Became Americans
- 2017-01-10[PDF] All Possible Worlds: A History of Geographical Ideas
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Studio Concepts - Gear and the Physics of Sound
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Leibniz on Compossibility and Possible Worlds (The New Synthese Historical Library)
- 2019-07-08#(Best) - Why You Should Read Light of the Stars: Alien Worlds and the Fate of the Earth by Adam Frank Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Place and Displacement in the Narrative Worlds of Jorge Luis Borges and Julio Cortazar (Currents in Comparative Romance Languages and Literatures)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Life Beyond Earth: The Search for Habitable Worlds in the Universe
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Sonic Warfare: Sound, Affect, and the Ecology of Fear (Technologies of Lived Abstraction)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Legal Rights, 6th Ed.: The Guide for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Exoplanets: Diamond Worlds, Super Earths, Pulsar Planets, and the New Search for Life beyond Our Solar System
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Colonized Bodies, Worlds Transformed: Toward a Global Bioarchaeology of Contact and Colonialism (Bioarchaeological Interpretations of the Human Past: Local, Regional, and Global)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Video Game Worlds: Working at Play in the Culture of EverQuest
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Edo Kabuki in Transition: From the Worlds of the Samurai to the Vengeful Female Ghost
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Explore/Create: My Life in Pursuit of New Frontiers, Hidden Worlds, and the Creative Spark
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Habermas: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed) (Continuum Guides for the Perplexed)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Crossing Jerusalem: Journeys at the Centre of the Worlds Trouble (Armchair Traveller)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Early Greek Thought: Before the Dawn (Continuum Studies In Ancient Philosophy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.