Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sigurd Bergmann | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1845533399 | ISBN13: 9781845533397 |
Description: Human mobility is dramatically on the rise globalization and modern technology have increased transportation and migration. Frequent journeys over large distances cause huge energy consumption, severely impact local and global natural environments and raise spiritual and ethical questions about our place in the world. 'Spaces of Mobility' presents an analysis of the socio-political, environmental, and ethical aspects of mobility. The volume brings together essays that examine why and how modern modes of transport emerge, considering their effect on society. The religious significance of contemporary travel is outlined, namely its impact on pilgrimage, Christology and ethics. The essays examine the interaction between humans and their surroundings and question how increased mobility affects human identity and self-understanding. 'Spaces of Mobility' will be of interest to students and scholars seeking to understand the impact of mobility on modern culture and society, the ethics behind contemporary transport systems and the conditions of immigrants in a world of constant travel.
Spaces of Mobility: Essays on the Planning, Ethics, Engineering and Religion of Human Motion.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34672
- 2008-02-25[request]IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition : (BS 7671: 2008)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Plato's Protagoras: Essays on the Confrontation of Philosophy and Sophistry (Philosophical Studies Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Breaking Bad: Critical Essays on the Contexts, Politics, Style, and Reception of the Television Series
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Suzan-Lori Parks: Essays on the Plays and Other Works
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Sounding the Limits of Life: Essays in the Anthropology of Biology and Beyond (Princeton Studies in Culture and Technology)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Analytic Theology: New Essays in the Philosophy of Theology
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Peckinpah Today: New Essays on the Films of Sam Peckinpah
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Investigating Veronica Mars: Essays on the Teen Detective Series
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Visions of Mars: Essays on the Red Planet in Fiction and Science
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Faith, Reason, Politics: Essays on the History of Jewish Thought
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Interpreting Late Antiquity: Essays on the Postclassical World
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Mind Made Flesh: Essays from the Frontiers of Psychology and Evolution
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Processes of Life: Essays in the Philosophy of Biology
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Fulcrum of Power: Essays on the United States Air Force and National Security - World War II, Doolittle, Overlord, Kenney, Arnold, Atomic Bomb, Men Who Made the Air Force, B-36, Cold War, Vietnam
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Leaving No Stones Unturned: Essays on the Ancient Near East and Egypt in Honor of Donald P. Hansen
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Beyond Biopolitics: Essays on the Governance of Life and Death
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Spaces of Holomorphic Functions in the Unit Ball (Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 226) - Removed
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Shem in the Tents of Japhet: Essays on the Encounter of Judaism and Hellenism (Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Responses to Modernity: Essays in the Politics of Culture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.