Posted on 2018-01-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Donald Haggis, Nicola Terrenato | Publisher: Oxbow Books | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 1842179675 | ISBN13: 9781842179673 |
Description: This volume collects 14 papers on the process of state formation in the Aegean and in Italy. Based on a conference held at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003, this collection of essays offers an up-to-date and comprehensive sampler of the current discourse concerning state formation in the central Mediterranean. While comparative approaches to the emergence of political complexity have been applied since the 1950s to Mesopotamia, Mesoamerica, Peru, Egypt and many other contexts, Classical Archaeology has not played a very active role in this debate. Here for the first time, state formation processes in the Bronze Age Aegean and in Iron Age Greece and Italy are explicitly juxtaposed, revealing a complex interplay between similar dynamics and differing local factors. Most of the papers in the volume build upon recent theoretical developments in the origins and functioning of early states. Dual process theory, heterarchy, agency theory and weak state theory figure very prominently in the book and offer a new, context-sensitive kind of comparative framework to deal with different cases. Contributors include eminent experts in Etruscan and early Roman archaeology and history (Stoddart, Smith, Ammerman), Aegean archaeology (Pullen, Haggis) and in the emergence of the Greek polis (van der Vliet, Small). A full analytical index further facilitates the cross-referencing of common themes across the geographic scope of the book.
State Formation in Italy and Greece: Questioning the Neoevolutionist Paradigm.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35135
- 2018-01-23[PDF] State Formation, Regime Change, and Economic Development
- 2018-01-16[PDF] State of Rebellion: Violence and Intervention in the Central African Republic (African Arguments)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] State Formation: Anthropological Perspectives (Anthropology, Culture and Society)
- 2011-02-17Structuring the State: The Formation of Italy and Germany and the Puzzle of Federalism
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Planet Formation: Theory, Observations, and Experiments (Cambridge Astrobiology)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Sweet Carolina: Favorite Desserts and Candies from the Old North State
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Foreign Policy, Domestic Politics and International Relations: The Case of Italy (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Ancient Alexandria Between Egypt and Greece (Columbia Studies in the Classical Tradition)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Rock Formation: Music, Technology, and Mass Communication (Feminist Perspective on Communication)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Beyond Auteurism: New Directions in Authorial Film Practices in France, Italy and Spain since the 1980s
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Beginnings of Rome: Italy and Rome from the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars (c.1000-264 BC) (The Routledge History of the Ancient World)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Women and the Colonial State: Essays on Gender and Modernity in the Netherlands Indies 1900-1942
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Art of Crete, Mycenae, and Greece
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Mathematical Modelling of Tides and Estuarine Circulation: The Coastal Seas of Southern British Columbia and Washington State (Lecture notes on coastal and estuarine studies)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] State Formation in Japan: Emergence of a 4th-Century Ruling Elite (Durham East Asia Series)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Pattern Formation in Continuous and Coupled Systems: A Survey Volume (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Foreign Policy, Domestic Politics and International Relations: The Case of Italy (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] State Formation in Japan: Emergence of a 4th-Century Ruling Elite (Durham East Asia Series)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Beginnings of Rome: Italy and Rome from the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars (c.1000-264 BC) (The Routledge History of the Ancient World)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.