Posted on 2017-11-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: J.E Kaufmann | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 1848843879 | ISBN13: 9781848843875 |
Description: Hitler's Atlantic Wall, the complex system of coastal fortifications that stretched from Norway to the Spanish border during the Second World War, was built to defend occupied Europe from Allied invasion. Many of its principal structures survive and can be visited today, and this book is an authoritative guide to them. The wall, which was constructed on a massive scale between 1942 and 1944 by German engineers, forced labourers and troops, consisted of strongpoints, artillery casemates, bunkers, troop shelters, minefields, anti-tank and anti-boat obstacles. It also included the concrete U-boat and E-boat pens in the key ports and, behind the Channel coast, the V-weapon sites. This huge scheme of fortifications was one of the longest defensive lines in military history.This history and guide takes the reader - and visitor - through the entire story of the fortifications from the fall of France to the Allied breakthrough and the defeat of the German armies in Normandy. This narrative puts the extensive remains that can be seen today in a fascinating historical context. As a guide to some of the most impressive relics of the Second World War, this book will be essential reading and reference for any one who is interested in the history of fortifications, D-Day and the liberation of occupied Europe.
THE ATLANTIC WALL: History and Guide.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33419
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Afternoon Tea: A History and Guide to the Great British Tradition
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Kingdoms of the Celts: A History and Guide
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The First Computers History and Architectures (History of Computing)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Sangamo Frontier: History and Archaeology in the Shadow of Lincoln
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Cossack Myth: History and Nationhood in the Age of Empires
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Intersection of History and Mathematics (Science Networks. Historical Studies) - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Pepper Trail: History and Recipes from Around the World
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World (Updated and Expanded)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Bilingual Text: History and Theory of Literary Self-Translation
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The Everything Jewish History and Heritage Book
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Sangamo Frontier: History and Archaeology in the Shadow of Lincoln
- 2016-11-30Kingdoms of the Celts A History and Guide
- 2014-03-20Kingdoms of the Celts - A History and Guide
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Guns on the Atlantic Wall 1942-1945 (Schiffer Military/Aviation History)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Book of Pears: The Definitive History and Guide to Over 500 Varieties
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Atlantic and Its Enemies: A History of the Cold War
- 2017-11-12[PDF] MAGINOT LINE, THE: History and Guide
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Hidden Waters of New York City: A History and Guide to 101 Forgotten Lakes, Ponds, Creeks, and Streams in the Five Boroughs
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The ASQ Quality Improvement Pocket Guide: Basic History, Concepts, Tools and Relationships
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.