Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joy Damousi | Publisher: ANU E Press | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 194 | ISBN: 1921313471 | ISBN13: 9781921313479 |
Description: Historians have, until recently, been silent about sound. This collection of essays on talking and listening in the age of modernity brings together major Australian scholars who have followed Alain Corbins injunction that historians can no longer afford to neglect materials pertaining to auditory perception. Ranging from the sound of gunfire on the Australian gold-fields to Alfred Deakins virile oratory, these essays argue for the influence of the auditory in forming individual and collective subjectivities the place of speech in understanding individual and collective endeavours the centrality of speech in marking and negating difference and in struggles for power and the significance of the technologies of radio and film in forming modern cultural identities.
Talking and Listening in the Age of Modernity: Essays on the history of sound.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33750
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Ritual and Politics: Writing the History of a Dynastic Conflict in Medieval Poland (East Central and Eastern Europe in the Middle Ages, 450-1450)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Traditionalism and Radicalism in the History of Christian Thought
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Mohammed and Charlemagne Revisited: The History of a Controversy
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ballet and Opera in the Age of Giselle
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Rhetoric and Ethics in the Cybernetic Age: The Transhuman Condition (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Intimacy and Sexuality in the Age of Shakespeare
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Ships and Men in the Late Viking Age: The Vocabulary of Runic Inscriptions and Skaldic Verse
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Citizenship and Identity in the Age of Surveillance
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Pagan and Christian in an Age of Anxiety: Some Aspects of Religious Experience from Marcus Aurelius to Constantine (Wiles Lectures Given at the Queens University, Belfast)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Architecture and Hagiography in the Ottoman Empire: The Politics of Bektashi Shrines in the Classical Age
- 2017-11-17[PDF] DIY Comms and Control for Amateur Space: Talking and Listening to Your Satellite
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Terror and Democracy in the Age of Stalin: The Social Dynamics of Repression
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Management and Security in the Age of Hyperconnectivity: 10th IFIP WG 6.6 International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management, and ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Giddens and Politics beyond the Third Way: Utopian Realism in the Late Modern Age
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Capitalism and Cartography in the Dutch Golden Age
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Literature and Heresy in the Age of Chaucer (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Africans and Britons in the Age of Empires, 1660-1980
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Journalism and Memorialization in the Age of Social Media
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Arts and Humanities through the Eras: Vol. 2: The Age of the Baroque and Enlightenment (1600-1800)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.