Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jacob Silverman | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 448 | ISBN: 0062282468 | ISBN13: 9780062282460 |
Description: A brilliant young literary and cultural critic joins the ranks of such stellar commentators as Evgeny Morozov and Nicholas Carr with this incisive commentary on social media culture and its impact on how we view ourselves, each other, and our worldâ€”an ambitious, perceptive, and illuminating manifesto that exposes the costs of our online connections. Social networking is a staple of modern life, but its continued evolution is becoming increasingly detrimental to our lives. Shifts in communication, identity, and privacy are affecting us more than we realize or understand. Terms of Service crystalizes the current moment in technology and contemplates what is to come: the identity-validating pleasures and perils of online visibility our newly adopted view of daily life through the lens of what's share-worthy and the surveillance state operated by social media platformsâ€”Facebook, Google, Twitter, and moreâ€”to mine our personal data for advertising revenue: an invasion of our lives that is as pervasive as government spying. Jacob Silverman calls for social media users to take back ownership of their digital lives from the Silicon Valley corporations who claim to know what's best for them. Integrating politics, sociology, national security, pop culture, and technology, he explores the surprising conformity at the heart of Internet culture, explaining how social media companies engineer their products to encourage shallow engagement and discourage dissent, and reflects on the implications of the collapsed barriers between our private and public lives. Illuminating the new era of social media as never before, Silverman brings into focus the inner conflict we feel when deciding what to share and what to "like," and explains how we can take the steps we need to free ourselves.
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33258
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
- 2018-01-15[PDF] 30 Days to Social Media Success: The 30 Day Results Guide to Making the Most of Twitter, Blogging, LinkedIN, and Facebook
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Inhuman Networks: Social Media and the Archaeology of Connection
- 2017-10-14[PDF] American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers
- 2017-02-08[PDF] American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Critical Perspectives on Social Media and Protest: Between Control and Emancipation
- 2017-12-25[PDF] International Handbook on Social Policy and the Environment (Elgar Original Reference)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Acid Hype: American News Media and the Psychedelic Experience (History of Communication)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Youth 2.0: Social Media and Adolescence: Connecting, Sharing and Empowering
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Popular Trials: Rhetoric, Mass Media, and the Law (Studies Rhetoric & Communicati)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Acid Hype: American News Media and the Psychedelic Experience (History of Communication)
- 2016-07-07Inhuman Networks Social Media and the Archaeology of Connection
- 2014-01-11Critique, Social Media and the Information Society - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-07Critique, Social Media and the Information Society
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Shattered Peace: Versailles 1919 and the Price We Pay Today
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Social Wave: Why Your Business is Wiping Out With Social Media and How to Fix It
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Digital Arts and Humanities: Neogeography, Social Media and Big Data Integrations and Applications (Springer Geography) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Art and Science of Social Media and Community Relations
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Successful Social Media and Ecommerce Strategies in the Wine Industry - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.