Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Menaker | Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 054480063X | ISBN13: 9780544800632 |
Description: Inspired by his tenure at The New Yorker, this collection of comical, revelatory errors foraged from the wilds of everyday English comes with commentary by the author, illustrations by Roz Chast, and a foreword from Billy Collins. During his time at The New Yorker, Daniel Menaker happened across a superb spelling mistake: The zebras were grazing on the African svelte." Fascinated by the idea of unintentionally meaningful spelling errors, he began to see that these gaffesneither typos nor auto-correctsare sometimes more interesting than their straight-laced counterparts. Through examples he has collected over the course of his decades-long career as an editor and writer, he brings us to a new understanding of languagehow it's used, what it means, and what fun it can be. Illustrated by the inimitable Roz Chast, with a foreword from former poet laureate Billy Collins, The African Svelte offers thoughtful and intelligent exit Jesus. Menaker glances at familiar fumbles like "for all intensive purposes" and "doggy-dog world," but readers delighted by language will find themselves turning the pages with baited breath to discover fresh howlers that have them laughing off their dairy airs.
The African Svelte: Ingenious Misspellings That Make Surprising Sense.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35121
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Dinner Solved!: 100 Ingenious Recipes That Make the Whole Family Happy, Including You!
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Buzz: 50 Little Things that Make a Big Difference to World Class Customer Service
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Short Stack Cookbook: Ingredients That Speak Volumes
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Stress Test: How Pressure Can Make You Stronger and Sharper
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Egg and I: How to Make Incredible Omelets and Frittatas
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Path of Love: Understanding that Nothing is Perfect in Life
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Rules of Money: How to Make It and How to Hold on to It, Expanded Edition
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The African Diaspora Population in Britain: Migrant Identities and Experiences (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Collaborative Therapy: Relationships And Conversations That Make a Difference
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The After-Hours Trader: How to Make Money 24 Hours a Day Trading Stocks at Night
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The African American Experience: An Historiographical and Bibliographical Guide
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Encore Career Handbook: How to Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Snowball Effect: Communication Techniques to Make You Unstoppable
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Four Conversations: Daily Communication That Gets Results
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The African American Encounter with Japan and China: Black Internationalism in Asia, 1895-1945
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Solar Food Dryer: How to Make and Use Your Own Low-Cost, High Performance, Sun-Powered Food Dehydrator
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Green Workplace: Sustainable Strategies that Benefit Employees, the Environment, and the Bottom Line
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.