Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James S. Russell | Publisher: Island Press | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 1597267244 | ISBN13: 9781597267243 |
Description: In a very short time America has realized that global warming poses real challenges to the nation's future. The Agile City engages the fundamental question: what to do about it? Journalist and urban analyst James S. Russell argues that we'll more quickly slow global warming-and blunt its effects-by retrofitting cities, suburbs, and towns. The Agile City shows that change undertaken at the building and community level can reach carbon-reduction goals rapidly. Adapting buildings (39 percent of greenhouse-gas emission) and communities (slashing the 33 percent of transportation related emissions) offers numerous other benefits that tax gimmicks and massive alternative-energy investments can't match. Rapidly improving building techniques can readily cut carbon emissions by half, and some can get to zero. These cuts can be affordably achieved in the windshield-shattering heat of the desert and the bone-chilling cold of the north. Intelligently designing our towns could reduce marathon commutes and child chauffeuring to a few miles or eliminate it entirely. Agility, Russell argues, also means learning to adapt to the effects of climate change, which means redesigning the obsolete ways real estate is financed housing subsidies are distributed transportation is provided and water is obtained, distributed and disposed of. These engines of growth have become increasingly more dysfunctional both economically and environmentally. The Agile City highlights tactics that create multiplier effects, which means that ecologically driven change can shore-up economic opportunity, can make more productive workplaces, and can help revive neglected communities. Being able to look at multiple effects and multiple benefits of political choices and private investments is essential to assuring wealth and well-being in the future. Green, Russell writes, grows the future.
The Agile City: Building Well-being and Wealth in an Era of Climate Change.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35640
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Agile Enterprise: Building and Running Agile Organizations - Removed
- 2018-07-09The Early Years Child Well-Being and the Role of Public Policy
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Reconsidering Identity Economics: Human Well-Being and Governance - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Agile Culture: Leading through Trust and Ownership
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Mindfulness-integrated CBT for Well-being and Personal Growth: Four Steps to Enhance Inner Calm, Self-Confidence and Relationships
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Hoover Dam (Building America: Then and Now)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Sustainable City IV: Urban Regeneration And Sustainability
- 2017-10-14[PDF] 15-Minute Yoga: Health, Well-Being, and Happiness through Daily Practice
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Agile Culture: Leading through Trust and Ownership
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Making Healthy Places: Designing and Building for Health, Well-being, and Sustainability
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Biology of Happiness (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research) - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Positive Psychology: The Seven Foundations of Well-Being (The Context Press Mindfulness and Acceptance Practica Series)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Home Reference to Holistic Health and Healing: Easy-to-Use Natural Remedies, Herbs, Flower Essences, Essential Oils, Supplements, and Therapeutic Practices for Health, Happiness, and Well-Being
- 2017-10-31[PDF] International Handbook of Psychological Well-Being in Children and Adolescents: Bridging the Gaps Between Theory, Research, and Practice
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Well-Being and Beyond: Broadening the Public and Policy Discourse (New Horizons in Management series)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Many Faces of Health, Competence and Well-Being in Old Age: Integrating Epidemiological, Psychological and Social Perspectives - Removed
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Social Cohesion in the Western World: What Holds Societies Together: Insights from the Social Cohesion Radar (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research) - Removed
- 2011-11-09Nursing, Caring, and Complexity Science: For Human-Environment Well Being
- 2018-08-18The Agile Enterprise Building and Running Agile Organizations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.