Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard Gameson | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 898 | ISBN: 0521583454 | ISBN13: 9780521583459 |
Description: This is the first comprehensive survey of the history of the book in Britain from Roman through Anglo-Saxon to early Norman times. The expert contributions explore the physical form of books, including their codicology, script and decoration, examine the circulation and exchange of manuscripts and texts between England, Ireland, the Celtic realms and the Continent, discuss the production, presentation and use of different classes of texts, ranging from fine service books to functional schoolbooks, and evaluate the libraries that can be associated with particular individuals and institutions. The result is an authoritative account of the first millennium of the history of books, manuscript-making, and literary culture in Britain which, intimately linked to its cultural contexts, sheds vital light on broader patterns of political, ecclesiastical and cultural history extending from the period of the Vindolanda writing tablets through the age of Bede and Alcuin to the time of the Domesday Book.
The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain (Volume 1).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35793
- 2013-10-28The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain, Volume 6: 1830-1914
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Book of Thomas: Volume One: Heaven
- 2017-11-14[PDF] The Book of Sight (Volume 1)
- 2019-01-08The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain, Vol. 6 1830-1914
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Book of Viking Myths: From the Voyages of Leif Erikson to the Deeds of Odin, the Storied History and Folklore of the Vikings
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Cambridge History of Greek and Roman Warfare: Volume 1, Greece, The Hellenistic World and the Rise of Rome
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Book Of Buried Treasure: Being A True History Of The Gold, Jewels, And Plate Of Pirates, Galleons, Etc., Which Are Sought For To This Day (1911)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Book: A Global History
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Book of Looms: A History of the Handloom from Ancient Times to the Present
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Cambridge History of Seventeenth-Century Philosophy 2 Volume Hardback Set
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Book of Pears: The Definitive History and Guide to Over 500 Varieties
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Book of the Crossbow: With an Additional Section on Catapults and Other Siege Engines (Dover Military History, Weapons, Armor)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Book of the Sword: With 293 Illustrations (Dover Military History, Weapons, Armor)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Book of Gin: A Spirited World History from Alchemists' Stills and Colonial Outposts to Gin Palaces, Bathtub Gin, and Artisanal Cocktails
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Book of the Sword: A History of Daggers, Sabers, and Scimitars from Ancient Times to the Modern Day
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Edinburgh History of the Book in Scotland, Volume 3: Ambition and Industry 1800-1880
- 2017-10-03[PDF] A History of the Book in America: Volume 3: The Industrial Book, 1840-1880 (History of the Book in America (University of NC))
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Book: A Global History - Removed
- 2013-11-18The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain, Vol. 6 1830-1914
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.