Posted on 2018-01-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gerard 't Hooft | Publisher: Springer | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 298 | ISBN: 3319412841 | ISBN13: 9783319412849 |
Description: This book presents the deterministic view of quantum mechanics developed by Nobel Laureate Gerard 't Hooft. Dissatisfied with the uncomfortable gaps in the way conventional quantum mechanics meshes with the classical world, 't Hooft has revived the old hidden variable ideas, but now in a much more systematic way than usual. In this, quantum mechanics is viewed as a tool rather than a theory. The author gives examples of models that are classical in essence, but can be analysed by the use of quantum techniques, and argues that even the Standard Model, together with gravitational interactions, might be viewed as a quantum mechanical approach to analysing a system that could be classical at its core. He shows how this approach, even though it is based on hidden variables, can be plausibly reconciled with Bell's theorem, and how the usual objections voiced against the idea of superdeterminism' can be overcome, at least in principle. This framework elegantly explains - and automatically cures - the problems of the wave function collapse and the measurement problem. Even the existence of an arrow of time" can perhaps be explained in a more elegant way than usual. As well as reviewing the authors earlier work in the field, the book also contains many new observations and calculations. It provides stimulating reading for all physicists working on the foundations of quantum theory.
The Cellular Automaton Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35217
- 2018-08-07The Cellular Automaton Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Structure and Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Irreversibilities in Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Angular Momentum Techniques in Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Relativistic Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Introduction to Soliton Theory: Applications to Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Geometry of Hamilton and Lagrange Spaces (Fundamental Theories of Physics) - Removed
- 2011-08-27Irreversibilities in Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2010-02-16Angular Momentum Techniques in Quantum Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Theory Of Groups And Quantum Mechanics
- 2014-02-24The Structure and Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- 2008-04-16The many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Gravity and the Quantum: Pedagogical Essays on Cosmology, Astrophysics, and Quantum Gravity (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Geometric Phases in Classical and Quantum Mechanics (Progress in Mathematical Physics) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Large N Expansion in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Physics: From Spin Systems to 2-Dimensional Gravity
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Fluctuations, Information, Gravity and the Quantum Potential (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Applications of Group Theory in Quantum Mechanics (Dover Books on Physics)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Geometry of Higher-Order Hamilton Spaces: Applications to Hamiltonian Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics) - Removed
- 2009-05-02Bohmian Mechanics: The Physics and Mathematics of Quantum Theory (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.