Posted on 2017-12-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joe Mcelhaney | Publisher: State Univ of New York Pr | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 255 | ISBN: 0791468879 | ISBN13: 9780791468876 |
Description: The Death of Classical Cinema uncovers the extremely rich yet insufficiently explored dialogue between classical and modernist cinema, examining the work of three classical filmmakersAlfred Hitchcock, Fritz Lang, and Vincente Minnelliand the films they made during the decline of the traditional Hollywood studio system. Faced with the significant challenges posed by alternative art cinema and modernist filmmaking practices in the early 1960s, these directors responded with films that were self-conscious attempts at keeping pace with the developments in film modernism. These filmsLang's The Thousand Eyes of Dr. Mabuse, Hitchcock's Marnie, and Minnelli's Two Weeks in Another Townwere widely regarded as failures at the time and bolstered critics' claims concerning the irrelevance of their directors in relation to contemporary filmmaking. However, author Joe McElhaney sheds new light on these films by situating them in relation to such acclaimed modernist works of the period as Godard's Contempt, Fellini's La dolce vita, Antonioni's Red Desert, and Resnais's Last Year at Marienbad. He finds that these modernist films, rather than being diametrically opposed in form to the work of Hitchcock, Lang, and Minnelli, are in fact profoundly linked to them.
The Death of Classical Cinema: Hitchcock, Lang, Minnelli (Suny Series, Horizons of Cinema).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34304
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Federal Government and Urban Housing, Third Edition (SUNY Series in Urban Public Policy)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Sage Returns: Confucian Revival in Contemporary China (SUNY Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Hitchcock, Second Edition: The Murderous Gaze (Suny Series, Horizons of Cinema)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Bioarchaeology of Classical Kamarina: Life and Death in Greek Sicily (Bioarchaeological Interpretations of the Human Past: Local, Regional, and Global)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Concepts of Classical Thermodynamics
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Invented Lives, Imagined Communities: The Biopic and American National Identity (Suny Series, Horizons of Cinema)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Death and Life of Dith Pran (The Killing Fields)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Death and Life of the Great Lakes
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Death of Expertise: The Campaign Against Established Knowledge and Why it Matters
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Death of Humanity: and the Case for Life
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Death of Desire: An Existential Study in Sanity and Madness
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Death of Hitler: The Full Story With New Evidence from Secret Russian Archives
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Emergence of Pre-Cinema: Print Culture and the Optical Toy of the Literary Imagination - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Death and Resurrection of a Coherent Literature Curriculum: What Secondary English Teachers Can Do
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Rediscovery of Classical Economics: Adaptation, Complexity and Growth (New Thinking in Political Economy series) (In Association with the Institute of Economic Affairs)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Philosophy of Classical Yoga
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Death Penalty, Volume I (The Seminars of Jacques Derrida)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The State of Post-Cinema: Tracing the Moving Image in the Age of Digital Dissemination
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Companion To Classical Drama
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.