Posted on 2017-04-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Martin Ravallion | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 736 | ISBN: 0190212764 | ISBN13: 9780190212766 |
Description: There are fewer people living in extreme poverty in the world today than 30 years ago. While that is an achievement, continuing progress for poor people is far from assured. Inequalities in access to key resources threaten to stall growth and poverty reduction in many places. The world's poorest have made only a small absolute gain over those 30 years. Progress has been slow against relative poverty as judged by the standards of the country and time one lives in, and a great many people in the world's emerging middle class remain vulnerable to falling back into poverty. The Economics of Poverty reviews critically past and present debates on poverty, spanning both rich and poor countries. The book provides an accessible new synthesis of current economic thinking on key questions: How is poverty measured? How much poverty is there? Why does poverty exist, and is it inevitable? What can be done to reduce poverty? Can it even be eliminated? The book does not assume that readers know economics already. Those new to the subject get a lot of help along the way in understanding its concepts and methods. Economics lives through its relevance to real world problems, and here the problem of poverty is both the central focus and a vehicle for learning.
The Economics of Poverty: History, Measurement, and Policy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31376
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Economics of Poverty: History, Measurement, and Policy
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Economics of Freedom: Theory, Measurement, and Policy Implications
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Structure of Cuban History: Meanings and Purpose of the Past
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Art of Partimento: History, Theory, and Practice
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction, and Use, 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Banggai Cardinalfish: Natural History, Conservation, and Culture of Pterapogon kauderni
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Economics of Ecosystems: Efficiency, Sustainability and Equity in Ecosystem Management
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Employee: A Political History (Politics and Culture in Modern America)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Shape of Inca History: Narrative and Architecture in an Andean Empire
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Duel in European History: Honour and the Reign of Aristocracy
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Impossibility of Palestine: History, Geography, and the Road Ahead
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Rise of Fascism: History, Documents, and Key Questions (Crossroads in World History)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Economics of Ecstasy: Tantra, Secrecy and Power in Colonial Bengal
- 2017-01-16[PDF] The Impossibility of Palestine: History, Geography, and the Road Ahead
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Economics of Ecstasy: Tantra, Secrecy and Power in Colonial Bengal
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Emerging Digital Economy: Entrepreneurship, Clusters, and Policy (Advances in Spatial Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Great Debt Transformation: Households, Financialization, and Policy Responses - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Arms Control [2 volumes]: History, Theory, and Policy (Praeger Security International)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Consequences of Disasters: Demographic, Planning, and Policy Implications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.