Posted on 2017-12-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Professor Harold James | Publisher: Harvard University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0674004744 | ISBN13: 9780674004740 |
Description: "Globalization" is here. Signified by an increasingly close economic interconnection that has led to profound political and social change around the world, the process seems irreversible. In this book, however, Harold James provides a sobering historical perspective, exploring the circumstances in which the globally integrated world of an earlier era broke down under the pressure of unexpected events. James examines one of the great historical nightmares of the twentieth century: the collapse of globalism in the Great Depression. Analyzing this collapse in terms of three main components of global economicscapital flows, trade, and international migrationJames argues that it was not simply a consequence of the strains of World War I but resulted from the interplay of resentments against all these elements of mobility, as well as from the policies and institutions designed to assuage the threats of globalism. Could it happen again? There are significant parallels today: highly integrated systems are inherently vulnerable to collapse, and world financial markets are vulnerable and unstable. While James does not foresee another Great Depression, his book provides a cautionary tale in which institutions meant to save the world from the consequences of globalizationthink WTO and IMF, in our own timeended by destroying both prosperity and peace.
The End of Globalization: Lessons from the Great Depression.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34847
- 2010-08-25Harold James - The End of Globalization: Lessons from the Great Depression
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Great Depression of the 1930s: Lessons for Today
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Great Depression of the 1930s: Lessons for Today
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Great Depression: A Diary
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Great Depression (Economics: Taking the Mystery Out of Money)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Great Depression 1929-1938 (Discovering U.S. History)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Great Depression in United States History
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Great Depression: 1929-1939
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Great Depression and the New Deal: A Very Short Introduction
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Great Depression: 1929-1939
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Great Depression and the New Deal: A Very Short Introduction
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2018-01-25[PDF] This I Know: Marketing Lessons from Under the Influence
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Promoting Positive Youth Development: Lessons from the 4-H Study (Advancing Responsible Adolescent Development) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Drucker on Leadership: New Lessons from the Father of Modern Management
- 2017-12-24[PDF] How to Protect Investors: Lessons from the EC and the UK (International Corporate Law and Financial Market Regulation)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Choosing a Good Life: Lessons from People Who Have Found Their Place in the World
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Employer Brand Management: Practical Lessons from the World's Leading Employers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.