Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bernard Lewis | Publisher: Hoover Institution Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 0817912940 | ISBN13: 9780817912949 |
Description: With the ending of global strategic confrontation between superpowers, those in the Middle East must adjust to a new reality: to accept final responsibility for their own affairs, to make and recognize their mistakes, and to accept the consequences. In The End of Modern History in the Middle East, Bernard Lewis discusses the future of the region in this new, postimperialist era. For each and every country and for the region as a whole, he explains, there is a range of alternative futures: at one end, cooperation and progress at the other, a vicious circle of poverty and ignorance. The author examines in detail the issues most critical to the regions future. He describes oil as the current, most important export to the outside world from the Middle East but warns that technology will eventually make it obsolete, leaving those who depend solely on oil revenues with a bleak future. The three factors that could most help transform the Middle East, according to Lewis, are Turkey, Israel, and women. He also argues that there is enough in the traditional culture of Islam on the one hand and the modern experience of the Muslim peoples on the other to provide the basis for an advance toward freedom in the true sense of that word and to achieve the social, cultural, and scientific changes necessary to bring the Middle East into line with the developed countries of both West and East.
The End of Modern History in the Middle East (Hoover Institution Press Publication).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34677
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Jihad in the Arabian Sea (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2018-10-07Eric Hoffer The Longshoreman Philosopher (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Middle East: A Cultural Psychology
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Middle East and Islamic World Reader: An Historical Reader for the 21st Century
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Middle East: A Guide to Politics, Economics, Society and Culture
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Middle East Fourteenth Edition
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Americans and Europeans Dancing in the Dark: On Our Differences and Affinities, Our Interests, and Our Habits of Life (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Middle East Economies in Times of Transition (International Economic Association Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] American Contempt for Liberty (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Remaking Domestic Intelligence (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Ending Government Bailouts as We Know Them (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Education and Capitalism: How Overcoming Our Fear of Markets and Economics Can Improve (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Tests, Testing, and Genuine School Reform (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Reykjavik Revisited: Steps Toward a World Free of Nuclear Weapons: Complete Report of 2007 Hoover Institution Conference (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Iranian Constitutional Revolution and the Clerical Leadership of Khurasani (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Holy Warriors: A Modern History of the Crusades
- 2018-01-03[PDF] State and Business in Modern Turkey: A Comparative Study (SUNY Series in the Social and (Suny Series, Social & Economic History of the Middle East)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Mirror For the Muslim Prince: Islam and the Theory of Statecraft (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Essentials of Ibadi Islam (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.