[PDF] The Foreign Body: A collection of the most interesting X-rays of things that don't belong and the stories behind how they got there!
Posted on 2017-11-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Andrew Del Gaizo M.D. | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 120 | ISBN: 1482618168 | ISBN13: 9781482618167 |
Description: With x-rays and accounts of true cases, radiologist Andrew Del Gaizo introduces the public to the "foreign body", a term well known in the medical community for objects in locations where they don't belong. Whether you are a seasoned physician or have no ties to the medical profession, the text is written in a manner that everyone can enjoy... and gasp in disbelief! "How could he possibly swallow those?" "She fit that in there?" "How will the doctors remove that!?" The answers are inside... The book focuses on interesting x-rays of foreign bodies that brought patients to emergency rooms and is written without complex medical terminology so that everyone can benefit from it. X-rays are shown as "unknowns" to let the reader guess what the foreign body is. Occasionally, a clue is provided to get started. But, as a picture is worth a thousand words, often the image does the talking! On the next page, the foreign body is explained, along with how it got there. Often why itâ€™s there is as interesting as the image itself. Of course, all patient identifying information has been removed or changed to protect patient privacy and anonymity. The x-rays are broken down into 3 categories. Category 1: Ingested or Inhaled The mouth innocuously enough accepts foreign bodies. Unfortunately, there are tight areas within the gastrointestinal tract where these items can get stuck. Furthermore, some objects (such as sharp items or certain types of batteries) can be dangerous or toxic if not retrieved. Category 2: Introduced Welcome to the gun and knife show. Whether inadvertently caused by the patient or inflicted by someone else intending harm to the patient, x-rays play an important role in characterizing and localizing the weapons used. In addition to their medical relevance, these x-rays often end up in forensics, delineating the type and trajectory of the weapon involved. Category 3: Inserted Last but not leastâ€¦the XXX-rays. Technically, these foreign bodies can be classified as introduced. However, given the â€œuniqueâ€ circumstances under which many of these cases present, they deserve a category of their own.
The Foreign Body: A collection of the most interesting X-rays of things that don't belong and the stories behind how they got there!.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33676
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Foreign Body: A collection of the most interesting X-rays of things that don't belong and the stories behind how they got there!
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Baby Boom: How It Got That Way (And It Wasnt My Fault) (And Ill Never Do It Again)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There
- 2012-10-29Deal Me In: Twenty of the World'sTop Poker Players Share the Heartbreaking and Inspiring Stories of How They Turned Pro
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The New Mandarins: How British Foreign Policy Works
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Craft of How to Animation Books Collection
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Endurance Handbook: How to Achieve Athletic Potential, Stay Healthy, and Get the Most Out of Your Body
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Democracy Advantage: How Democracies Promote Prosperity and Peace (Council on Foreign Relations (Routledge))
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Democracy Advantage: How Democracies Promote Prosperity and Peace (Council on Foreign Relations (Routledge))
- 2011-12-09The Mechanics of the Derivatives Markets: What They Are and How They Function
- 2019-07-18%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made by Jason Schreier Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism [Audiobook]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Research Project: How to Write It
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Dragon Seekers: How an Extraordinary Circle of Fossilists Discovered the Dinosaurs and Paved the Way for Darwin
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Coffeehouse Investor: How to Build Wealth, Ignore Wall Street, and Get On with Your Life
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health - and What We Can Do to Fix It [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Gene Machine: How Genetic Technologies Are Changing the Way We Have Kids and the Kids We Have
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.