Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen G. Post, Robert H. Binstock | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 496 | ISBN: 0195170083 | ISBN13: 9780195170085 |
Description: A wide variety of ambitions and measures to slow, stop, and reverse phenomena associated with aging have been part of human culture since early civilization. From alchemy to cell injections to dietary supplements, the list of techniques aimed at altering the processes of aging continues to expand. Charlatans, quacks, and entrpreneurs proffering anti-aging products and practices have always exploited uniformed customers and instilled doubt and apprehension toward practices intended to extend life. Recently, however, the pursuit of longevity has developed into a respectable scientific activity. Many biologists are substantially funded by the government and the private sector to conduct research that they believe will lead to effective anti-aging interventions. While many embrace this quest for "prolongevity"extended youth and long lifeothers fear its consequences. If effective anti-aging interventions were achieved, they would likely bring about profound alterations in the experiences of individual and collective life. What if aging could be decelerated to the extent that both average life expectancy and maximum life span would increase by forty percent? What if all humans could live to be centenarians, free of the chronic diseases and disabilities now commonly associated with old age? What if modern scientists could find the modern equivalent to the Fountain of Youth that Ponce de Leon sought? This book addresses these questions by exploring the ramifications of possible anti-aging interventions on both individual and collective life. Through a series of essays, it examines the biomedical goal of prolongevity from cultural, scientific, religious, and ethical perspectives, offering a sweeping view into the future of aging.
The Fountain of Youth: Cultural, Scientific, and Ethical Perspectives on a Biomedical Goal.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35785
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Domestication of Language: Cultural Evolution and the Uniqueness of the Human Animal
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Archaeology of Events: Cultural Change and Continuity in the Pre-Columbian Southeast
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Domestication of Language: Cultural Evolution and the Uniqueness of the Human Animal
- 2007-07-06Age Smart: Discovering the Fountain of Youth at Midlife and Beyond
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Rise of Extreme Porn: Legal and Criminological Perspectives on Extreme Pornography in England and Wales
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Expression of Emotion: Philosophical, Psychological and Legal Perspectives (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Boundaries of Pure Morphology: Diachronic and Synchronic Perspectives (Oxford Studies in Diachronic and Historical Linguistics)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Globalization of Health Care: Legal and Ethical Issues
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Globalization of Health Care: Legal and Ethical Issues
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Boundaries of Pure Morphology: Diachronic and Synchronic Perspectives (Oxford Studies in Diachronic and Historical Linguistics)
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Longevity Seekers: Science, Business, and the Fountain of Youth
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Longevity Seekers: Science, Business, and the Fountain of Youth
- 2012-11-17Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth by Peter Kelder and Bernie S. Siegel (PDF) RapidShare Download - Removed
- 2012-11-09-Download Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth by Peter Kelder and Bernie S. Siegel (PDF) RapidShare - Removed
- 2012-10-27download Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth by Peter Kelder and Bernie S. Siegel (PDF) RapidShare - Removed
- 2019-01-30Selling the Fountain of Youth How the Anti-Aging Industry Made a Disease Out of Getting Old - and
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Aesopic Conversations: Popular Tradition, Cultural Dialogue, and the Invention of Greek Prose (Martin Classical Lectures)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The DIY Movement in Art, Music and Publishing: Subjugated Knowledges (Routledge Research in Cultural and Media Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.