Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard Baldwin | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 344 | ISBN: 067466048X | ISBN13: 9780674660489 |
Description: Between 1820 and 1990, the share of world income going to todayâ€™s wealthy nations soared from twenty percent to almost seventy. Since then, that share has plummeted to where it was in 1900. As Richard Baldwin explains, this reversal of fortune reflects a new age of globalization that is drastically different from the old. In the 1800s, globalization leaped forward when steam power and international peace lowered the costs of moving goods across borders. This triggered a self-fueling cycle of industrial agglomeration and growth that propelled todayâ€™s rich nations to dominance. That was the Great Divergence. The new globalization is driven by information technology, which has radically reduced the cost of moving ideas across borders. This has made it practical for multinational firms to move labor-intensive work to developing nations. But to keep the whole manufacturing process in sync, the firms also shipped their marketing, managerial, and technical know-how abroad along with the offshored jobs. The new possibility of combining high tech with low wages propelled the rapid industrialization of a handful of developing nations, the simultaneous deindustrialization of developed nations, and a commodity supercycle that is only now petering out. The result is todayâ€™s Great Convergence. Because globalization is now driven by fast-paced technological change and the fragmentation of production, its impact is more sudden, more selective, more unpredictable, and more uncontrollable. As The Great Convergence shows, the new globalization presents rich and developing nations alike with unprecedented policy challenges in their efforts to maintain reliable growth and social cohesion.
The Great Convergence: Information Technology and the New Globalization.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35334
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Smart Trends in Information Technology and Computer Communications: First International Conference, SmartCom 2016, Jaipur, India, August 6-7, 2016, ... in Computer and Information Science)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Integrated Approaches in Information Technology and Web Engineering: Advancing Organizational Knowledge Sharing (Advances in Information Technology and Web Engineering) (Premier Reference Source)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Global Sourcing of Information Technology and Business Processes: 4th International Workshop, Global Sourcing 2010, Zermatt, Switzerland, March 22-25, ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- 2011-11-25Information Technology for Counterterrorism: Immediate Actions and Future Possibilities - Committee On The Role Of Information Technology In Responding To Terrorism, National Research Counci
- 2011-09-11Basic Research in Information Science and Technology for Air Force Needs
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-11-17Information Technology for Counterterrorism: Immediate Actions and Future Possibilities
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Social Networks as the New Frontier of Terrorism: #Terror (Routledge Research in Information Technology and E-Commerce Law)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Third World Citizens and the Information Technology Revolution (Information Technology and Global Governance)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Social Media, Politics and the State: Protests, Revolutions, Riots, Crime and Policing in the Age of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (Routledge Research in Information Technology and Society)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Information Technology and the Ethics of Globalization: Transnational Issues and Implications (Premier Reference Source)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Google and the Law: Empirical Approaches to Legal Aspects of Knowledge-Economy Business Models (Information Technology and Law Series)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Politics of Cyberconflict (Routledge Research in Information Technology and Society)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Information, Computer and Application Engineering: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology and Computer Application ... 2014), Hong Kong, China, 10-11 December 2014
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Privacy-Invading Technologies and Privacy by Design: Safeguarding Privacy, Liberty and Security in the 21st Century (Information Technology and Law Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.