Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tamara M. Green | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1442233273 | ISBN13: 9781442233270 |
Description: Over 60 percent of all English words have Greek or Latin roots in the vocabulary of the sciences and technology, the figure rises to over 90 percent. Through the study of the Greek and Latin roots of English, students can expand their knowledge of English vocabulary and also come to understand the ways in which the history of the English language have shaped our perceptions of the world around us. The fifth edition of The Greek & Latin Roots of English maintains the book s much-praised thematic approach. After an essential overview of language history, Greek, and Latin, the book organizes vocabulary into various topics, including politics and government psychology, medicine, and the biological sciences literature, ancient culture, and religion and philosophy. The fifth edition features revised cumulative exercises on tear-out pages in each chapter that reinforce both vocabulary and analytical skills from previous chapters. The fifth edition also features alphabetical vocabulary lists and other reader-friendly updates. The Greek & Latin Roots of English remains an essential text to help students not only learn vocabulary, but also appreciate the pleasures (and pitfalls) of language study."
The Greek & Latin Roots of English.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35865
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English: A Crunk Omnibus for Thrillionaires and Bampots for the Ecozoic Age
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Elliptical Noun Phrase in English: Structure and Use (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Cambridge Guide to Australian English Usage
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Poetics of Repetition in English and Chinese Lyric Poetry
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Greek Praise of Poverty: Origins of Ancient Cynicism
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Edinburgh Introduction to Studying English Literature
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Greek Imperative Mood in the New Testament: A Cognitive and Communicative Approach (Studies in Biblical Greek)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Greek Qabalah: Alphabetic Mysticism and Numerology in the Ancient World
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Greek Tycoon's Runaway Bride
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Slangman Guide to Dirty English
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Greek Wars: The Failure of Persia
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Greek Economy and the Crisis: Challenges and Responses
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Greek Article: A Functional Grammar of o-items in the Greek New Testament with Special Emphasis on the Greek Article (Linguistic Biblical Studies)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Roman Empire: Roots of Imperialism
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The A-Z of Correct English
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Greek Rule
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The New Fowler's Modern English Usage (New Fowler's Modern English Usage, 3rd Ed)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Sultan Speaks: Dialogue in English Plays and Histories about the Ottoman Turks
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.