[PDF] The Greening of Architecture: A Critical History and Survey of Contemporary Sustainable Architecture and Urban Design
Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Phillip James Tabb | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 1409447391 | ISBN13: 9781409447399 |
Description: Contemporary architecture, and the culture it reflects dependent as it is on fossil fuels, has contributed to the cause and necessity of a burgeoning green process that emerged over the past half century. This text is the first to offer a comprehensive critical history and analysis of the greening of architecture through accumulative reduction of negative environmental effects caused by buildings, urban designs and settlements. Describing the progressive development of green architecture from 1960 to 2010, it illustrates how it is ever evolving and ameliorated through alterations in form, technology, materials and use and it examines different places worldwide that represent a diversity of cultural and climatic contexts. The book is divided into seven chapters: with an overview of the environmental issues and the nature of green architecture in response to them, followed by an historic perspective of the pioneering evolution of green technology and architectural integration over the past five decades, and finally, providing the intransigent and culturally pervasive current examples within a wide range of geographic territories. The greening of architecture is seen as an evolutionary process that is informed by significant world events, climate change, environmental theories, movements in architecture, technological innovations, and seminal works in architecture and planning throughout each decade over the past fifty years. This time period is bounded on one end by the awareness of environmental problems beginning in the 1960's, the influential texts by Rachel Carson, E.F. Schumacher, Buckminster Fuller and Steward Brand, and the impact of the OPEC Oil Embargo of 1973, and on the other end the pervasiveness of the necessary greening of architecture that includes, systemic reforms in architectural and urban design, land use planning, transportation, agriculture, and energy production found in the 2000's. The greening process moves from remediation to holistic models of architecture. Geographical landscapes give a global account of the greening process where some examples are parallel and sympathetic, and others are in clear contrast to one another with very individuated approaches. Certain events, like the Rio Summit in 1992 and Kyoto Protocol in 1997, and themes, such as the Hannover Principles in 2000, provide a dynamic ideological critique as well as a formal and technical discussion of the embodied and accumulative content of greening principles in architecture.
The Greening of Architecture: A Critical History and Survey of Contemporary Sustainable Architecture and Urban Design.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35852
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Robust City (Routledge Research in Planning and Urban Design)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Anti-Oedipus Complex: Lacan, Critical Theory and Postmodernism
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Proverbs of Jesus: Issues of History and Rhetoric (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Greening of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Practice, Analysis, and Methodology (Wiley-Scrivener) (Volume 1)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Respiratory Tract in Pediatric Critical Illness and Injury
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Ancient Sailing Season (Mnemosyne Supplements History and Archaeology of Classical Antiquity) (Latin Edition)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Mixtec Pictorial Manuscripts (Early Americas: History and Culture)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Story of Tea: A Cultural History and Drinking Guide
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The World Hitler Never Made: Alternate History and the Memory of Nazism
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Mind of Empire: China's History and Modern Foreign Relations (Asia in the New Millennium)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Open Fields of England (Medieval History and Archaeology)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Migrant's Time: Rethinking Art History and Diaspora (Clark Studies in the Visual Arts)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] The Twenty-Fifth Amendment: Its Complete History and Application
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Migrant's Time: Rethinking Art History and Diaspora (Clark Studies in the Visual Arts)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Open Fields of England (Medieval History and Archaeology)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Florentine Villa: Architecture, History, Society (The Classical Tradition in Architecture )
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Whorf Theory Complex: A critical reconstruction (Studies in the History of the Language Sciences)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Allied Arts: Architecture and Craft in Postwar Canada (Mcgill-Queen's/Beaverbrook Canadian Foundation Studies in Art History)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Carolingians in Central Europe, Their History, Arts and Architecture: A Cultural History of Central Europe, 750-900 (Cultures, Beliefs, and Traditions)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.