Posted on 2017-10-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Fawell | Publisher: Praeger | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0313356920 | ISBN13: 9780313356926 |
Description: Although we tend to accord our highest praise to films with strong messages, Hollywood is resolutely unserious in its goals, and closer perhaps to music than to literature in this regard. Thus, in order to appreciate Hollywood's classic movies, we have to understand them as the result of a style of filmmaking that justifies itself through the grace and beauty of its form. This beauty, when seen, challenges our notion of film as the poorer cousin of the high arts, or as worthwhile only when it serves a social purpose. The Hidden Art of Hollywood draws from a huge fund of recorded interviews with the directors, writers, cinematographers, set designers, producers, and actors who were a part of the studio process, in order to give the filmmakers themselves the chance to explain a very elusive phenomenon: the glancing beauty of the Hollywood film. While the greatness of the classic Hollywood film is, for many of us, settled business, there are also a great number who have difficulty understanding why these filmswhich can often seem dated and unrealistic compared to modern fareare taken as seriously as they are. Although we tend to accord our highest praise to films with strong and often didactic messages, Hollywood is resolutely unserious in its goals, and closer perhaps to music than to literature in this regard. Thus, in order to appreciate classic American movies, we have to understand them as the result of a style of filmmaking that justifies itself not through ideas or social relevance, but through the grace and beauty of its form.
The Hidden Art of Hollywood: In Defense of the Studio Era Film.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32422
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Hidden Art of Hollywood: In Defense of the Studio Era Film
- 2010-01-28The Hidden Art of Hollywood: In Defense of the Studio Era Film
- 2009-08-15The Hidden Art of Hollywood: In Defense of the Studio Era Film
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Synergy of Film and Music: Sight and Sound in Five Hollywood Films
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Studio Reader: On the Space of Artists
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The British Official Film in South-East Asia: Malaya/Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Prohibition Era: Temperance in the United States (Milestones in American History)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Pusan International Film Festival, South Korean Cinema and Globalization (TransAsia: Screen Cultures)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Progressive Era (Eyewitness History)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Multi-Protagonist Film
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Utopia of Film: Cinema and Its Futures in Godard, Kluge, and Tahimik (Film and Culture Series)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Stalin Era (Routledge Sources in History, 2000)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Fundamentals of Film Making
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Technique of Film Editing, Second Edition
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Improbable Era: The South since World War II
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Bible in Film, the Bible and Film
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Reality of Film: Theories of Filmic Reality
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Paleozoic Era: Diversification of Plant and Animal Life (Geologic History of Earth (Hardcover))
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.