Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Caspar van Baerle | Publisher: University Press of Florida | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 424 | ISBN: 081303664X | ISBN13: 9780813036649 |
Description: At its height in the first half of the seventeenth century, the Dutch West India Company controlled a scattered but sizeable portion of the western hemisphere, from present-day Albany, New York, to northeast Brazil. In 1647, the Dutch historian, theologian, and philosopher Caspar van Baerle created a landmark historical narrative, which he published in Latin. Now, after more than 350 years, the definitive record of the brief period when the Dutch ruled Brazil is available in English for the first time. Included are rare historical descriptions of relations with the native population, the indigenous flora and fauna, the workings of the sugar economy, attitudes toward private property and religious pluralism, global intrigue involving the Spanish and Portuguese, and the development of the slave trade. The original illustrations and maps from van Baerles volume - a number of which are reproduced here - were used by Europeans well into the nineteenth century.
The History of Brazil under the Governorship of Count Johan Maurits of Nassau, 16361644.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35882
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Transatlantic Circulation of Novels Between Europe and Brazil, 1789-1914 (New Directions in Book History)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Propeller under the Bed: A Personal History of Homebuilt Aircraft
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Double Kingdom under Taharqo: Studies in the History of Kush and Egypt, c. 690 - 664 BC (Culture and History of the Ancient Near East)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Country of Football: Soccer and the Making of Modern Brazil (Sport in World History)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Dynastic State and the Army under Louis XIV: Royal Service and Private Interest 1661-1701 (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern History)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Current Federal Reserve Policy Under the Lens of Economic History: Essays to Commemorate the Federal Reserve System's Centennial (Studies in Macroeconomic History)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Law under the Swastika: Studies on Legal History in Nazi Germany
- 2017-11-02[PDF] School for Barbarians: Education Under the Nazis (Dover Books on History, Political and Social Science)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Throes of Democracy: Brazil Since 1989 (Global History of the Present)
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Tradition and Transformation. Egypt under Roman Rule (Culture and History of the Ancient Near East)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Law under the Swastika: Studies on Legal History in Nazi Germany
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Iran-Iraq War: A Military and Strategic History
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Invisible Industrialist: Manufactures and the Production of Scientific Knowledge (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Oral History for the Qualitative Researcher: Choreographing the Story
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The New Cambridge History of Islam (Volume 4)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] A History of Ancient Greece (The Modern Scholar) (Audiobook)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The History of American Homeopathy: From Rational Medicine to Holistic Health Care
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Cambridge History of Religions in the Ancient World 2 Volume Hardback Set
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Britannica Guide to Explorers and Explorations That Changed the Modern World (Turning Points in History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.