Posted on 2017-11-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank Klement | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 376 | ISBN: 0813153557 | ISBN13: 9780813153551 |
Description: Every American war has brought conflict over the extent to which national security will permit protesters to exercise their constitutional guarantee of freedom of expression. The most famous case was that of Clement L. Vallandigham, the passionate critic of Lincoln's Civil War policies and one of the most controversial figure in the nation's history. In the great crisis of his time, he insisted that no circumstance, even war, could deprive a citizen of his right to oppose government policy freely and openly. The consequence was a furor which shook the nation's legislative halls and filled the press with vituperation. The ultimate fate for Vallandigham was arrest, imprisonment, and exile. The burning issues raised by his case remain largely unresolved today. Mr. Klement follows the tragic irony of Vallandigham's career and reassesses the man and history's judgment of him. After his death, "Valiant Val'' became a symbol of the dissenter in wartime whose case continues to have relevance in American democracy.
The Limits of Dissent: Clement L. Vallandigham and the Civil War.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33161
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Civil War and the Limits of Destruction
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Civil War on the Mississippi: Union Sailors, Gunboat Captains, and the Campaign to Control the River
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Civil War of 1812: American Citizens, British Subjects, Irish Rebels, & Indian Allies
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Civil War Almanac
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Civil War: A History in Documents (Pages from History)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Civil War Art of Keith Rocco (General Military)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Civil War: A Narrative: Volume 2: Fredericksburg to Meridian
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Civil War
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Civil War For Dummies
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Civil War at Sea
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Civil War Begins: Opening Clashes, 1861
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Civil War: Strange & Fascinating Facts
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Civil War: Voices of Hope, Sacrifice, and Courage
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Civil War and Reconstruction: A Student Companion (Student Companions to American History)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Civil War Naval Encyclopedia [2 volumes]
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Civil War: A History
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Civil War: The Final Year Told by Those Who Lived It: (Library of America #250)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.