Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Marius B. Jansen | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 936 | ISBN: 0674003349 | ISBN13: 9780674003347 |
Description: Magisterial in vision, sweeping in scope, this monumental work presents a seamless account of Japanese society during the modern era, from 1600 to the present. A distillation of more than 50 years' engagement with Japan and its history, it is the crowning work of our leading interpreter of the modern Japanese experience. Since 1600 Japan has undergone three periods of wrenching social and institutional change, following the imposition of hegemonic order on feudal society by the Tokugawa shogun the opening of Japan's ports by Commodore Perry and defeat in World War II. "The Making of Modern Japan" charts these changes: the social engineering begun with the founding of the shogunate in 1600, the emergence of village and castle towns with consumer populations, and the diffusion of samurai values in the culture. Jansen covers the making of the modern state, the adaptation of Western models, growing international trade, the broadening opportunity in Japanese society with industrialization, and the postwar occupation reforms imposed by General MacArthur. Throughout, the book gives voice to the individuals and views that have shaped the actions and beliefs of the Japanese, with writers, artists and thinkers as well as political leaders given their due. The story this book tells, though marked by profound changes, is also one of remarkable consistency, in which continuities outweigh upheavals in the development of society, and successive waves of outside influence have only served to strengthen a sense of what is unique and native to Japanese experience. "The Making of Modern Japan" takes us to the core of this experience as it illuminates one of the contemporary world's most compelling transformations.
The Making of Modern Japan.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34733
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Making of Modern Liberalism
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Making of Modern Finance: Liberal Governance and the Gold Standard (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Making of Modern South Africa: Conquest, Apartheid, Democracy
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Making of Modern Turkey: Nation and State in Eastern Anatolia, 1913-50
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Making of Modern Chinese Medicine, 1850-1960 (Contemporary Chinese Studies)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Making of Modern Economics: First Edition [Audiobook]
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Making of Modern Turkey: Nation and State in Eastern Anatolia, 1913-50
- 2013-09-22Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan [Repost]
- 2013-07-27Marius Jansen, "The Making of Modern Japan"
- 2013-07-25The Making of Modern Japan
- 2013-06-08The Making of Modern Japan (repost)
- 2012-06-21Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
- 2011-10-20The Making of Modern Japan (Belknap Press)
- 2011-05-12The Making of Modern Japan (Belknap Press)
- 2019-07-26%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read The Game of Our Lives: The English Premier League and the Making of Modern Britain by David Goldblatt Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Making of Romantic Love: Longing and Sexuality in Europe, South Asia, and Japan, 900-1200 CE (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Bodies of Difference: Experiences of Disability and Institutional Advocacy in the Making of Modern China
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.