[PDF] The Mammoth Book of Fighter Pilots: Eyewitness Accounts of Air Combat from the Red Baron to Today's Top Guns (Mammoth Books)
Posted on 2017-10-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jon E. Lewis | Publisher: Running Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 512 | ISBN: 0786710667 | ISBN13: 9780786710669 |
Description: From yesteryear's flying aces to today's top guns, The Mammoth Book of Fighter Pilots presents, in the words of the combat pilots who fought them, fifty incredible air battles that have shaped military history in the twentieth century. Veteran anthologist Jon E. Lewis has assembled firsthand accounts from all the great military campaigns of aerial warfare, including World Wars I and II, the Spanish Civil War, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands, the Gulf, and Bosnia. Page after exciting page of this singular collection brings into vivid play the exploits of such legendary pilots as Manfred von Richtofen, Eddie Rickenbacker, Douglas Bader, and Johnnie Johnson the Luftwaffe World War II aces Heinz Knoke, Gerd Barkhorn, and Johannes Steinhoff and forty other brave airmen from America, Britain, France, Japan, Russia, and North Korea. Here, too, are the planes in which these pilots flew into modern historyâ€”the Spitfire, the Mustang, the Me 109, the Zero, the F-16, the MiG, and the Harrier. Together with the death-defying drama of combat, this volume vividly captures other facets of the fighter pilot's life, including the perils of bailing out in enemy territory, the daily horrors of internment in a Japanese POW camp, and a harrowing account of being shot down in a blazing Spitfire. The true-life aerial combat adventures in this stirring collection provide a vicarious, adrenaline-fueled expedition into the shell-blasted skies of war in the twentieth century.
The Mammoth Book of Fighter Pilots: Eyewitness Accounts of Air Combat from the Red Baron to Today's Top Guns (Mammoth Books).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32382
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The Mammoth Book of Fighter Pilots: Eyewitness Accounts of Air Combat from the Red Baron to Today's Top Guns (Mammoth Books)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Red Baron: A History in Pictures
- 2012-06-29The Mammoth Book of Fighter Pilots
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Lords of the Sky: Fighter Pilots and Air Combat, from the Red Baron to the F-16
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Lords of the Sky: Fighter Pilots and Air Combat, from the Red Baron to the F-16
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Red Wolf's Prize (Medieval Warriors Book 1)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Red Book (Deborah Copaken Kogan)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Red Book: A Reader's Edition
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Red Book of Mathematical Problems (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle Book 1)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Red Book of Varieties and Schemes: Includes the Michigan Lectures (1974) on Curves and their Jacobians (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Red Book of Primrose House: A Potting Shed Mystery (Potting Shed Mystery series 2)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Voices in Flight: RAF Fighter Pilots in WW II
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Trial: Dark Urban Scottish Crime Story (Parliament House Books Book 1)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Red Queen (Laments of Angels & Dark Chemistry Book 3)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Red Book: A Reader's Edition
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Red Umbrella
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Red Leaves of Autumn
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Hidden Sense: Synesthesia in Art and Science (Leonardo Books)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.