Posted on 2017-01-12, updated at 2017-10-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Anthony C. Yu | Publisher: University Of Chicago Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 528 | ISBN: 0226971562 | ISBN13: 9780226971568 |
Description: Anthony C. Yu’s celebrated translation of The Journey to the West reinvigorated one of Chinese literature’s most beloved classics for English-speaking audiences when it first appeared thirty years ago. Yu’s abridgment of his four-volume translation, The Monkey and the Monk, finally distills the epic novel’s most exciting and meaningful episodes without taking anything away from their true spirit. These fantastic episodes recount the adventures of Xuanzang, a seventh-century monk who became one of China’s most illustrious religious heroes after traveling for sixteen years in search of Buddhist scriptures. Powerfully combining religious allegory with humor, fantasy, and satire, accounts of Xuanzang’s journey were passed down for a millennium before culminating in the sixteenth century with The Journey to the West. Now, readers of The Monkey and the Monk can experience the full force of his lengthy quest as he travels to India with four animal disciples, most significant among them a guardian-monkey known as “the Great Sage, Equal to Heaven.” Moreover, in its newly streamlined form, this acclaimed translation of a seminal work of world literature is sure to attract an entirely new following of students and fans.
The Monkey and the Monk: An Abridgment of The Journey to the West.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 30391
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The West without Water: What Past Floods, Droughts, and Other Climatic Clues Tell Us about Tomorrow
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The West and Islam Religion and Political Thought in World History
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The West and Islam Religion and Political Thought in World History
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The West Point History of the Civil War (The West Point History of Warfare Series)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The West in Early Cinema: After the Beginning (Amsterdam University Press - Film Culture in Transition)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The West Point Museum: A Guide to the Collections
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Monkey and the Monk: An Abridgment of The Journey to the West
- 2011-12-30The Monkey and the Monk: An Abridgment of The Journey to the West
- 2011-12-29The Monkey and the Monk: An Abridgment of The Journey to the West
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Heroic Gangster: The Story of Monk Eastman, from the Streets of New York to the Battlefields of Europe and Back
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Drunken Monkey: Why We Drink and Abuse Alcohol
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Madman's Middle Way: Reflections on Reality of the Tibetan Monk Gendun Chopel (Buddhism and Modernity Series)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Send Me God: The Lives of Ida the Compassionate of Nivelles, Nun of La Ramee, Arnulf, Lay Brother of Villers, and Abundus, Monk of Villers (Medieval Women: Texts and Contexts)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Modern Hacks to Stop Time and Find Success, Happiness, and Peace
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Monkey and the Fish: Liquid Leadership for a Third-Culture Church (Leadership Network Innovation Series)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Monk and the Philosopher : A Father and Son Discuss the Meaning of Life
- 2017-01-19[PDF] The Monkey and the Fish: Liquid Leadership for a Third-Culture Church (Leadership Network Innovation Series)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Madman's Middle Way: Reflections on Reality of the Tibetan Monk Gendun Chopel (Buddhism and Modernity Series)
- 2012-02-02Civilization: The West and the Rest - Niall Ferguson
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.