Posted on 2018-02-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Humphrey Searle | Publisher: Dover Publications | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0486487938 | ISBN13: 9780486487939 |
Description: Virtuoso pianist Franz Liszt was a key figure in the evolution of modern music. Most of his 700 compositions, which range from romantic impressionism to daring experimental pieces, were written for the piano. This survey by a well-known British composer and musicologist constitutes the most authoritative English-language study of Liszt's works. "Mr. Searle is himself a composer of progressive outlook and he thus speaks with authority. His book was needed and he has made it a good one," observed the Times (London) Literary Supplement. This classic study surveys the compositions in chronological order and the medium for which they were written. The author examines in detail the most important pieces and fully reviews Liszt's place in history. Subjects include romantic pieces, symphonic poems, songs, symphonies, and other works. A biographical summary illustrates the relationship between significant works and events in the composer's life. Acclaimed by Library Journal as "a balanced, long-overdue treatment," this study is essential for every true Lisztian student.
The Music of Liszt (Dover Books on Music).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35891
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Mathematics of Games (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Principle of Relativity (Dover Books on Physics)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The History of Rome (Dover Books on History, Political and Social Science)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Development of Mathematics (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Works of Archimedes (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The Magic of Numbers (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] On the Sensations of Tone (Dover Books on Music)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Ladies' Hand Book of Fancy and Ornamental Work: Directions and Patterns from the Civil War Era (Dover Books on Knitting and Crochet)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Sets (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Numbers (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] A Short Account of the History of Mathematics (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Cosmic Code: Quantum Physics as the Language of Nature (Dover Books on Physics)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] A Guide to Feynman Diagrams in the Many-Body Problem (Dover Books on Physics)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Applications of the Theory of Matrices (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Essays on the Theory of Numbers (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Lady Luck: The Theory of Probability (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Secrets of Houdini (Dover Magic Books, 1973)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Introduction to the Calculus of Variations (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Harmonic Analysis and the Theory of Probability (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.