Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Toby Matthiesen | Category: Islam | Language: English | Page: 306 | ISBN: 1107043042 | ISBN13: 9781107043046 |
Description: Toby Matthiesen traces the politics of the Shia in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia from the nineteenth century until the present day. This book outlines the difficult experiences of being Shia in a Wahhabi state, and casts new light on how the Shia have mobilised politically to change their position. Shia petitioned the rulers, joined secular opposition parties and founded Islamist movements. Most Saudi Shia opposition activists profited from an amnesty in 1993 and subsequently found a place in civil society and the public sphere. However, since 2011 a new Shia protest movement has again challenged the state. The Other Saudis shows how exclusionary state practices created an internal Other and how sectarian discrimination has strengthened Shia communal identities. The book is based on little-known Arabic sources, extensive fieldwork in Saudi Arabia and interviews with key activists. Of immense geopolitical importance, the oil-rich Eastern Province is a crucial but little known factor in regional politics and Gulf security.
The Other Saudis: Shiism, Dissent and Sectarianism (Cambridge Middle East Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33259
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The 1967 Arab-Israeli War: Origins and Consequences (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2010-05-04The Kurdish Nationalist Movement: Opportunity, Mobilization and Identity (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Other Freud: Religion, Culture and Psychoanalysis
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Other Freud: Religion, Culture and Psychoanalysis
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Puccini Problem: Opera, Nationalism, and Modernity (Cambridge Studies in Opera)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Sexual Murderer: Offender behaviour and implications for practice (Routledge Studies in Criminal Behaviour)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Britannia Panopticon Music Hall and Cosmopolitan Entertainment Culture (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History) - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Britain and the Politics of Modernization in the Middle East, 1945-1958 (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Bazaar and State in Iran: The Politics of the Tehran Marketplace (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Poster: Art, Advertising, Design, and Collecting, 1860s-1900s (Interfaces: Studies in Visual Culture)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Background of Ecology: Concept and Theory (Cambridge Studies in Ecology)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The Decision to Attack: Military and Intelligence Cyber Decision-Making (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Don't Panic: ISIS, Terror and Today's Middle East
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Regionalism and Rebellion in Yemen: A Troubled National Union (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Pragmatism in Islamic Law: A Social and Intellectual History (Middle East Studies Beyond Dominant Paradigms)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Don't Panic: ISIS, Terror and Today's Middle East
- 2009-09-18Commanding Syria: Bashar al-Asad and the First Years in Power (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.